To process a project on the cloud, there are two alternatives:
- Create a project by importing using the cloud web uploader. For more information: 115004680703.
- Upload an existing project (processed locally on a computer or not) from Pix4D Desktop: For more information: 202558589.
Pix4D Desktop enables users to have full control of their project: adding Ground Control Points (GCPs) and Manual Tie Points (MTPs), editing the densified point cloud and changing a lot more settings which can improve the final results.
Pix4D Cloud also allows to achieve high-quality results, however, for user convenience, projects are processed using default templates. Pix4D Cloud is the easiest way to share a project online with just a link and to do some simple but practical analysis.
The cloud servers run the latest stable version of the desktop software for processing, not the preview (download link).
Yes, the results can be shared. Access the project and click the Share button on the upper-right corner. An external link and an HTML embedded link will be created including the annotations and changes that were made.
When using a share link, all the content of the Map or 3D Model view together with the annotations are shared. The input images and the output files will not be shared meaning they cannot be downloaded from a sharing link.
The input images and outputs (complete set or specific files) can be downloaded directly from Pix4D Cloud: https://cloud.pix4d.com.
The images and .p4d file can be downloaded using Pix4D Desktop: 205751415.
The results folder can be downloaded from Pix4D Cloud: 115000707003.
For more information: 115004575526.
One processing area can be used for processing on the cloud. However, the processing area should be drawn using Pix4D Desktop beforehand:
1. After installing Pix4D Desktop (download link), create a new project from the images. For more information: 202557369. Alternatively if the project was previously processed on the cloud servers, it is possible to download the project. For more information: 115000707003.
2. Create a processing area. For more information: 202560179.
3. Upload the project with the processing area from Pix4D Desktop to Pix4D Cloud. For more information: 202558589.
For more information: 115005242946.
Projects without image geolocation can be processed on the cloud. However, the orthomosaic generated might not be correctly oriented.
- Projects without image geolocation that are processed on the cloud will be in an arbitrary coordinate system and thus will not have a map on the background.
- Projects with image geolocation will have as an output coordinate system the same as the image geolocation. If the image geolocation is in a geographic coordinate system, the output coordinate system will be the corresponding UTM zone.
- If a project is uploaded from Pix4D Desktop, then the output coordinate system will be the one selected in Pix4D Desktop.