September 28th, 2022 - Improvements
- A Detail tab is available in all projects to show the project metadata.
- A new Building reconstruction option is available on the 3D model template to improve the results for building projects with homogeneous facades.
- .LAZ point cloud format is now supported.
- The Overlay layer is now renamed as Design Overlays.
September 14th, 2022 - Improvements
- New language available: German.
- AutoGCP algorithm no longer requires a diameter size as input in the project creation wizard.
- The status of the IFC layers is kept when the project is re-opened.
- Fixed the issue where the snapping from/to the IFC was not working properly in some cases.
- Fixed zooming in and out not working properly when navigating in 3D in projects with IFC files.
August 4th, 2022 - 2D/3D compare and transfer data to Trimble Connect
- 3D compare view (Only for PIX4Dcloud Advanced users).
- Transfer data from PIX4Dcloud or PIX4Dcloud Advanced to Trimble Connect.
- A new cluster of servers is available in Canada.
- Download several outputs at the same time.
- Standard templates are modified when images are taken by ANAFI AI drones. The best internal parameters are applied to calibrate all the cameras and generate quality outputs.
- North indicator icon in 2D/3D view.
- Online measurements always display precise values.
- The index layer is displayed on top of the orthomsaic and DSM outputs on the Layer menu by default. This visualization is shown when a project is uploaded from PIX4Dfields to PIX4Dcloud.
- Subscription plan and License Management are merged into Plans and products under the User account menu.
June 20th, 2022 - Import/Visualize IFC file
- Import and visualize an IFC file (Only for PIX4Dcloud Advanced and PIX4engine Cloud users).
- Improve accuracy for the Show my current location feature.
May 31st, 2022 - Import/Export CSV file in project coordinate system
- Import/Export CSV file in project coordinate system.
- Better image selection for the visual inspector functionality.
- For projects uploaded from PIX4Dcatch:
- New geoids supported (South Africa and Mexico).
April 19th, 2022 - Improvements
- PIX4Dcloud and PIX4Dcloud Advanced process using PIX4Dmapper version 4.8.0 (most recent PIX4Dmapper version available).
- Display status of the project in the timeline.
- Fixed bug where the output coordinate system selected by the user was sometimes ignored.
March 17th, 2022 - Improvements
- Texture mesh resolution of 16k x 16k is now supported.
- The name of the site and the dataset is displayed in the tab of the browser.
- The project creation wizard now displays the total number of images selected for processing.
- Fixed bug related to the Orthomosaic/DSM not being displayed when the projects were processed with some particular coordinate systems.
February 16th, 2022 - Improvements
- PIx4Dcloud and PIX4Dcloud Advanced process using PIX4Dmapper version 4.7.5 (which is the most recent PIX4Dmapper stable release) by default.
February 2nd, 2022 - Limit size increase for orthomosaic, DSM and Index
- The limit for orthomosaic, DSM and Index has been increased to 50 GB.
- New notifications system for new releases.
- PIX4Dcloud and PIX4Dcloud Advanced are now available in French and Portuguese (Brazilian). For more information about the supported languages: PIX4Dcloud - FAQs.
- New messages on the lower right corner of the viewer to inform about:
- Project is saving or saved
- A project is read-only and no edits will be saved
January 17th, 2022 - Multiselect tool for moving and deleting items
- Multiselect tool to move several elements to a folder or delete them.
- The histogram of an index is displayed by default.
- The units in which a project is displayed by default are the same as those in which it was processed.
December 21st, 2021 - Improvements
- PIX4Dcatch projects:
- Improved 3D reconstructions when processing projects uploaded from PIX4Dcatch to PIX4Dcloud.
- Improved point cloud visualization.
- New geoids supported.
- The state of layers in the hierarchy is kept when reopening the project.
- PIX4Dcloud and PIX4Dcloud Advanced are now processing using PIX4Dmapper version 4.6.4 by default.
- Fixed the issue where the georeferencing was not properly taken from some images.
December 8th, 2021 - First person camera control and improvements
- Selection of the camera control mode: First person or Focused mode.
- Added functionality to save view as default (for 2D and 3D).
- PIX4Dcloud and PIX4Dcloud Advanced are now available in Thai language. For more information about the supported languages: PIX4Dcloud - FAQs.
- Plant Health (NDVI) layer is now named Index.
- Index layer hangs from Outputs in the hierarchy of the 2D/3D view.
November 1st, 2021 - Output coordinate system selection
- Added the option to directly select the output coordinate system during the project creation, regardless of the presence of GCPs.
October 4th, 2021 - Circle annotation, bug fixes and improvements
- New type of annotation to measure a radius: circle annotation.
- Exporting an image from the virtual inspector adds the inspection name at the end.
- Annotation import in SHP format allows both a ZIP file but also individual files.
- PIX4Dcatch projects show the 3D view by default.
- Fixed the issue with the overlay naming not being persistent from one site to another
- Fixed the issue when some selected layers were not displayed
- Fixed the issue where the cloud user interface was always open in dark mode even if the user selected bright the last time
- Fixed the issue where the drawing boxes were not working for the first inspection
- Fixed the issue where the unit selector did not change the displayed units in the editor sometimes.
August 13th, 2021 - Improvements
- The name of the annotations are displayed when hovering over them with the mouse for all types of annotations both in the 2D and the 3D view. More information here.
August 2nd, 2021 - Bug fixes and improvements
- Proj7 is used in all coordinate system transformations to display data in the web browser
- The offset.xyz file is now included in the download of the mesh in OBJ format
- The name of the annotations which is displayed when hovering (both in 2D and 3D) has a different format
- Some bugs in the Virtual Inspector have been fixed:
- Images did not display when full mode was selected
- The export button did not work in full mode
- It was not possible to add a box in full mode
- Fixed the issue with the images taken in portrait mode which were rotated in the thumbnails in the virtual inspector and files section
- Fixed the issue which displayed the type of the GCP wrongly in the right panel
June 29th, 2021 - Improved integration with PIX4Dcatch
Projects uploaded from PIX4Dcatch and processed with depth data have several important improvements:
- Sky segmentation: improved point cloud generation to have less noise from sky and water in the 3D reconstructed model
- Quality report: a quality report is available for new projects processed with depth data
- Better performance: in terms of processing speed and number of images to be processed
- When exporting a screenshot from the UI, the name of the file is now the name of the project.
- Fixed the issue where the orthomosaics produced with PIX4Dfields which were uploaded to PIX4Dcloud did not have a transparent background
- A vertex could not be deleted in a polygon and or in a line
- The profile view did not show the cursor in the editor when hovering with the mouse over the profile
May 11th, 2021 - New live measurement computation
- New live measurement computation. More information here.
- Fixed the issue where, in some projects, line and polygon annotations were slightly moving away from the original coordinates (only while drawing them).
April 27th, 2021 - Italian and Spanish translations
April 15th, 2021 - Bug fixes and improvements
- Display the name of markers when hovering over them. More information here.
- By default, the project coordinate system is selected in the coordinate system selector
- Fixed the issue which made the editor freeze in projects with arbitrary coordinate systems.
- Fixed the issue with the zoom when a double click relocated the project in the wrong position.
March 22nd, 2021 - Improved orthomosaic and DSM tiler, bug fixes and improvements
- New and improved orthomosaic and DSM tiler. For more information: Improved Ortho and DSM tiler on the cloud.
- Added feedback message for upload limits (7 GB for the GeoTIFF orthomosaic and 1 GB for the 3D Mesh OBJ).
- GCPs layer and lower bar coordinates are kept in the base unit (not converted from meters to kilometers or feet to miles).
- Improved usability of the Virtual Inspector on small screens.
February 10th, 2021 - GCPs layer, bug fixes and improvements
- [PIX4Dcloud Advanced] GCPs layer display. When a project is processed with AutoGCPs on the cloud, there is a new layer in the hierarchy which contains the GCPs and check points that have been automatically detected (more information in GCPs layer). This applies to projects created from the release date.
- Unit selector: New selector for defining the units used in the project when displayed in the 2D/3D view. For more information: Improved units display in PIX4Dcloud.
- Support of overlays for arbitrary (user-defined) systems: You can find more information in How to work with arbitrary systems on PIX4Dcloud.
- Improved communication to inform about georeferentiation of the 3D Mesh
- Improved units display. More information in Improved units display in PIX4Dcloud.
- Fixed the issue with the Virtual Inspector not working properly with some cameras
- Fixed the issue where in rare occasions a Point Cloud was completely colored in purple while in elevation color mode. Now it should always display elevation color mode properly
- Fixed the issue with the volume computation using custom as the base surface. The custom elevation previously could not be typed in feet
December 8th, 2020 - Bug fixes and improvements
- Mobile device improvements (more information here)
- Changes in the 2D/3D user interface
- Improved mobile support for editing points, lines and polygons so that they can be selected more easily on touch screens
- Projects uploaded from PIX4Dmapper 4.6 version can be processed
- Sub-cm precision for measurements and annotations: especially for PIX4Dcatch projects where images are taken very close to the object and the GSD (Ground Sample Distance) can be very small
- Fixed the issue where an Overlay was not displayed properly when the site had projects with different coordinate systems. (Note: For existing Overlays which have already been imported and are not displayed for this reason, they should be imported again)
- Fixed the issue where the Show my current position icon was hidden by the orthomosaic layer. Now it is always displayed on top of the orthomosaic and DSM
November 5th, 2020 - Bug fixes and improvements
- The volume annotation is disabled when the project has no DSM and therefore the volume cannot be calculated
- [PIX4Dcloud Advanced] New messages warn the user when using the AutoGCPs detection functionality if:
- The wrong GCP file has been imported
- The wrong coordinate system file has been imported
- [PIX4Dcloud Advanced] Improvements to handle larger overlays
- Fixed the issue for when zooming in very quickly meant PIX4Dcloud did not display the highest ortho resolution
- Fixed the issue for when sometimes the red and blue marks of the import overlay feature were not displayed
- Fixed the issue when creating a field in the NDVI layer. Sometimes the '+' button was gone
October 22nd, 2020 - Bug fixes and improvements
- [PIX4Dcloud Advanced] New project group card in a stacked style
- Search functionality includes folders. A project can be searched for even if it is inside a folder
- New NDVI and DSM icons visible in editor during tiling
- [PIX4Dcloud Advanced] Messages in the comparison mode inform users about the alignment of the project
- The GCP tab is not available if the project does not contain GCPs automatically detected by the AutoGCPs detection functionality
- Improved performance while uploading images
- Fixed the issue which made the NDVI layer disappear when drawing a boundary. Now it is displayed and the user can better adjust the boundary
- Corrected text and inconsistencies in the user interface
September 28th, 2020 - Processing templates step and Crane Camera projects AutoGCPs alignment
- Different type of computations via a template selection step
- [PIX4Dcloud Advanced + CraneCamera] AutoGCP alignment for Pix4D CraneCamera projects
- [PIX4Dcloud Advanced + CraneCamera] Message informing about the type of alignment used
- [PIX4Dcloud Advanced] Pop up message when the GCP target size has weird values. When the GCP target size is lower than 20 cm or larger than 2 meters, a message is displayed to verify that the value is correct.
- New icon for projects which have been shared but have no outputs
- Fixed the issue when the altitude was not properly computed in some projects until the user refreshed the browser. The right value is now displayed from the beginning
- Fixed the issue with the 3D embeds not working for anonymous users
August 19th, 2020 - Bug fixes and improvements
- [PIX4Dcloud Advanced] Timeline performance improvements for large sites (+200 datasets)
- [PIX4Dcloud only] Add icon for new dataset button
- Improved text visibility for projects that are processing in light theme mode
- Improved spacing for elevation profile measurements
- Improved user menu access for small mobiles
- [PIX4Dcloud Advanced + CraneCamera] Added link to support article when a project is not well-aligned
- [PIX4Dcloud Advanced] 3D view is preserved when changing from one day to another. When a user is looking at the 3D view on Day1 and goes to Day2 through the timeline, Day2 will also show the 3D view
- Persists the chosen language by the user
- Fixed the issue when creating a project in a folder (it was created in the root level)
- Empty folders could not be deleted despite they did not contain any project or site. Now it is possible to delete them.
- [PIX4Dcloud Advanced] Fixed the issue where invalid characters in the file imported as overlay broke the processing and the overlay was never displayed.
August 3rd, 2020 - Bug fixes and improvements
- [PIX4Dcloud Advanced] Added help button in the volume comparison
- Added link to support article when selecting the processing template
- Pop up message when a user is reaching the end of the allowance
- [PIX4Dcloud only] Direct access to PIX4Dcloud Advanced trial license through the account menu for users with access to PIX4Dcloud
- [PIX4Dcloud Advanced] Fixed the issue with having decimals in the GCP target size (it did not process)
- Fixed the issue where units were not properly taken when sharing a project
- Fixed the issue with the start process button which could be clicked more than once and that was causing projects to fail.
- Fixed the issue with importing a zipped point cloud. The uploader got stuck.
- [PIX4Dcloud Advanced] Fixed the issue when going back to the editor after using the compare mode, two orthos and two DSMs were displayed in the same project
- [PIX4Dcloud Advanced] Disable annotations in compare mode
July 3rd, 2020 - Processing templates, bug fixes and improvements
- Processing template selection
- [PIX4Dcloud Advanced] Overlay import allows zooming as much as needed
- Welcome dialog has been removed and a new login icon has been added
- Better support for Microsoft Edge browser
- User interface improvements: better contrast in the uploader, better contrast in the drop area in the wizard, improved files view for mobile users
- PIX4Dcloud favicon added
- [PIX4Dcloud Advanced] Compare mode: fix to show the compare button in shared projects, fix to solve an issue with the second project not refreshing correctly
- [PIX4Dcloud Advanced] GCP report can be opened in Acrobat Reader
- Fixed the issue where units were not taken properly from the account settings
- Fixed the export button in the Virtual Inspector
- Fix to inform the user when a .zip file is being prepared for download
June 9th, 2020 - Launch release
- PIX4Dcloud and PIX4Dcloud Advanced are standalone products and can be purchased separately from PIX4Dmapper.
- New UI with respect to the old Cloud platform
- PIX4Dcloud Drive to better organize, view and filter the projects
- Guided procedure for project and site creation
- 2D and 3D synchronized views displaying DSM, orthomosaic, NDVI map, Point Cloud and 3D Textured Mesh
- Markers, measurements, volume calculations exchangeable between projects and third-party software
- Adjustable layer hierarchy
- Sharing functionality with view and measure or edit and save rights
- Dedicate view for downloadable input and output files
- [PIX4Dcloud Advanced] Visualization of the evolution of the site through a Timeline.
- [PIX4Dcloud Advanced] AutoGCPs detection functionality. Our AI algorithm finds and marks the GCPs for you during the processing phase
- [PIX4Dcloud Advanced] CAD overlays to easily import and overlay design plans and maps. The as-built can be quickly compared with the as-designed to easily check progress and identify as-built errors
- [PIX4Dcloud Advanced] 2D comparison (shareable) view
- [PIX4Dcloud Advanced] Volume comparison and monitoring report