Assisted Curb Detection is a tool in PIX4Dsurvey which allows the quick vectorization of curbs. It is possible to vectorize curbs faster and with less manual effort. Simply click twice to show the beginning and the direction, and the rest of the line is vectorized automatically.
IN THIS ARTICLE
To use the Assisted curb detection tool:
- Open the project in PIX4Dsurvey.
- Select the assisted curb detection tool from the toolbar or press the Shift + B key.
Assisted curb detection tool selection.
- Left-click on two points on the edge of the curb to automatically vectorize it:
- The first point is the seed point in order to create the first vertex
- The second should be the direction point on the curb to give the direction of vectorization. This point shouldn't be too close to the first one.
- The seed point extends into a quick selection and vectorization of curb points which automatically appear on the screen. The extension stops wherever it is unclear to the algorithm how to continue.
Automatic vectorization of a curb.
- (Optional) Results can be manually corrected by selecting the vertex or continue by providing a new seed point and a new direction point.
- (Optional) To stop the assisted curb detection tool while it is running:
- Right-click or press Enter to stop the algorithm and keep the vectorization.
- Press the Esc key to stop the algorithm and discard the vectorization.
- To exit the assisted curb detection tool:
- Right-click or press the Esc key to change to Simple selection (default).
- Right-click or press the Esc key twice to deselect the created polyline.