The Virtual Inspector is a tool of Pix4D Cloud to analyze the project images in full resolution by exploring the 3D model. It is possible to highlight, share, and export 2D areas of interest for more insights. Inspections provide flexibility to document a project on the cloud web platform and/or for third-party usage.
1. Go to Pix4D Cloud and log in with a valid Pix4D account.
2. Select a project.
3. Select the 3D view.
4. In the main window, on the right side of the view, click which opens the Virtual Inspector.
5. Navigate the model, zoom, and orient it to locate an area of interest.
6. Click on the model (green cross). It is possible to click different locations before starting the inspection.
The Virtual Inspector allows to create and manage inspections that are annotation objects like distances, areas, etc.
1. On the right sidebar, click Inspection next to Name to set the name. Press the Enter key to save.
2. Scroll the list of images containing the point to inspect. The order depends on the distance to the point and its position on the image. Click to display the images full screen. Capture information is displayed at the bottom.
3. There are three inspection features:
Add a rectangular box (annotation) to highlight features on a specific image. Once drawn, the box cannot be moved. Delete it and draw a new one if needed. Clicking a box's name displays the respective image.
Pin relevant images of the inspection. Other images are greyed out and are not accessible anymore after saving the inspection. Images containing boxes are automatically pinned.
Export and save to desktop an interesting section of an image.
Adjust the corners and move the crop zone to select the area. Unlock the aspect ratio for more flexibility. If the image contains a box, the default crop zone is automatically adjusted to it. Click EXPORT.
4. Add a description.
5. Click SAVE INSPECTION AS ANNOTATION. Alternatively, click to discard the changes and close the inspector.
Saved inspections are displayed with a blue icon on the 3D model.