Share to PIX4Dcloud is a feature of PIX4Dsurvey introduced in version 1.36, which makes it easy to share a project or part of one with just a web link. The point cloud, vector layers, and volume layers can be uploaded to PIX4Dcloud when logged in with a valid PIX4Dsurvey license. All layers will be stored in PIX4Dcloud, with shareable URL links that can be obtained during and after the upload.
- This feature is available for PIX4Dsurvey version 1.36.0 or above. A valid license is required, such as a trial, monthly, yearly, and perpetual with active Support and Upgrade (S&U).
- A PIX4Dcloud license is not needed to use the Share to PIX4Dcloud option.
- PIX4Dsurvey monthly billing subscribers can create 1 project per month.
- PIX4Dsurvey yearly billing subscribers and perpetual license users with active S&U can create up to 12 projects per year.
- PIX4Dsurvey trial license holders can create 1 project during the trial period.
- The Storage expiration policy for PIX4Dcloud applies.
To upload and share to PIX4Dcloud:
- Select Share to PIX4Dcloud... from the File menu or click on the Share button , found at the top-right corner of the PIX4Dsurvey window.
- Select the layer groups for upload to PIX4Dcloud. Groups available for upload are: point clouds, vector layers and volume layers. Within each group, it is possible to select specific layers. An entire group can be enabled/disabled if necessary using the checkbox .
Select layers from the Share to PIX4Dcloud dialog window.
- [Optional] Enable Erase existing cloud annotations to replace the geometries that were already uploaded (if applicable).
- Click Upload. The upload will start, and you can read Share to PIX4Dcloud in the status bar. If you click OK, the data will continue being uploaded, but the Share to PIX4Dcloud tool must be opened again to retrieve the sharing links.
Share to PIX4Dcloud upload window.
- After a successful upload, if the upload pop-up was not closed, the PIX4Dcloud project links are displayed. To enable the links, turn on the switch . Enabled sharing links can be copied by selecting the URL in the text field and the Ctrl+C or ⌘ +C keyboard combination or the copy button .
Share to PIX4Dcloud upload window with sharing links.