Create an orthomosaic based on the digital surface model (DSM) and the images.
It allows users to change the following processing options:
Resolution: Defines the spatial resolution used to generate the orthomosaic.
- The orthomosaic resolution is the same as the resolution of the DSM. For example, if the DSM resolution is set to 5 cm then the orthomosaic resolution is also 5 cm.
Orthomosaic processing options.
Algorithm: Allows switching between the orthomosaic creation algorithms.
- HW accelerated (Default): The generation of the orthomosaic will be computed using a GPU-capable algorithm. This option can contribute to reduced processing time.
- Standard: The generation of the orthomosaic will be computed using the standard algorithm.
- Deghosting (default - disabled): Removes objects that move during the flight when generating the orthomosaic. For example, a moving car on images will not appear on the generated orthomosaic, when the Deghosting option is enabled.
Oblique (default - disabled): Enabling this option improves the orthomosaic for oblique projects.
The following formats are available when exporting the orthomosaic:
For the JPG format the following export settings are available:
Quality (90% - default): Defines the compression of the exported file and the JPG quality setting.
- 90%: The default quality value is set to 90% as it is almost indistinguishable from the quality of 100% but the image file created is twice as small.
- 100%: A quality of 100% results in the best quality but the largest file size this means that it has low compression.
- 0%: A quality of 0% results in a small file size but very low quality but it has the highest compression.
Image size (L- default): Defines the size of the exported file.
- L: Highest possible resolution that can be achieved using the JPEG format. May require more time and memory to open in some third-party software. The exported image will keep the original size unless it exceeds the maximum JPG size which is 65535 × 65535 px (~17 GB uncompressed).
- M: High-resolution image, a good compromise for many applications that do not require the maximum number of details. The exported image will have a maximum size of 16000 × 16000 px. If the image exceeds this size, the result is to limit the maximum dimension of the image to fit the 16.000 × 16.000 px.
- S: Standard image resolution, good for opening quickly in third-party viewers, sharing by email or on the web. The exported image will have a maximum size of 4000 × 4000 px. If the image exceeds this size, the result is to limit the maximum dimension of the image to fit the 4.000 × 4.000 px.
For the GeoTIFF (.tiff) format the following export settings are available: