Pix4Dmapper projects can be seamlessly imported into Pix4Dsurvey by simply drag and dropping the project file or by using the home screen. In order for all the files to be correctly recognized, the original folder structure must be preserved. For more information see Project Folder Structure.
If the image folder is not recognized
If the location of the images is not automatically recognized a pop-up message appears while importing the Pix4Dmapper project file:
- Click Find
- In the Find your files folder navigate to the folder with images.
- Click Select Folder.
- Click Ok.
Once the import is completed both the point cloud and images will be displayed. We recommend saving it to create a Pix4Dsurvey project file (.p4s). This way the dependencies with the Pix4Dmapper project and the paths to the project folders with inputs will be automatically established.
The most common issues and how to resolve them are listed below.
Pix4Dmapper project is not correctly imported
If a Pix4Dmapper project is not displayed correctly after the import into Pix4Dsurvey, some project files could be missing or are not stored in the correct location. For more information see Project Folder Structure.
We recommend checking that the following files are available and correctly stored:
- Pix4Dmapper project file (.p4d).
- Original images.
- Calibrated camera parameters (...\project_name\1_initial\params\project_name_calibrated_camera_parameters.txt).
- Offset file (...\project_name\1_initial\params\project_name_offset.xyz).
- Point cloud in .las, .laz (...\project_name\2_densification\point_cloud\).
Once all the files are in their expected location, reimport the project.