Pix4Dmapper projects can be seamlessly imported into Pix4Dsurvey by simply drag and dropping the project file or by using the menu bar. In order for all the files to be correctly recognized, the original folder structure must be preserved. For more information see Project Folder Structure.
Import from the home screen
- Drag and drop the project file in Pix4Dsurvey.
- Click Select from disk (first thumbnail) in the home screen.
- On the pop-up Open File, specify the the file and click Open.
Import from the menu bar
- Click File in the menu bar.
- Click Import from Pix4Dmapper file.
- On the pop-up Open Project, specify the location of the project file and click Open.
After the project is successfully imported a new screen appears and the project is displayed.
Once the import is completed, we recommend saving it to create a Pix4Dsurvey project file (.p4s). This way the dependencies with the Pix4Dmapper project and the paths to the project folders with inputs will be automatically established.
Most common issues and how to resolve them are listed below.
Image folder not recognized
If the location of the images is not automatically recognized a pop-up message appears while importing the Pix4Dmapper project file:
- Click Browse...
- In the Select Image Folder navigate to the folder with images.
- Click Select Folder.
Pix4Dmapper project is not correctly imported
If a Pix4Dmapper project is not displayed correctly after the import into Pix4Dsurvey, some project files could be missing or are not stored in the correct location. For more information see Project Folder Structure.
We recommend checking that the following files are available and correctly stored:
- Pix4Dmapper project file (.p4d).
- Original images.
- Calibrated camera parameters (...\project_name\1_initial\params\).
- Offset file (...\project_name\1_initial\params\).
- Point cloud in .las, .laz (...\project_name\2_densification\point_cloud\).
Once all the files are in their expected location, reimport the project.