IN THIS ARTICLE
Pix4D licenses are floating licenses which allow the user to:
- be logged in one or more computers - devices (laptop or desktop machine) at the same time,
- install Pix4D desktop software on as many computers as wanted without a need to uninstall Pix4D desktop software to move the license to another computer.
If you have already activated all devices owned by your license (for instance 2) and you are trying to log in on a third computer, a Discovery license will be used.
To transfer a license from one computer to another simply log out of the software on the computer you are currently using your license, and log into the new computer of your choice. Learn more about How to log out of Pix4Dmapper.
If you do not have access to the computer that is currently using one of your multiple seats, you can remotely deactivate a device. Learn more about how to remotely deactivate a device.
Please submit a request to Pix4D Support to change the email address of your account.
To transfer your license to a different Pix4D account, please:
Temporarily deactivate any computer that is activated with your license. Learn how to log out Pix4Dmapper Desktop. You can also remotely deactivate your computer if it is inaccessible or corrupted, or if you recently reinstalled your computer's operating system or formatted its hard drive. Learn how to remotely deactivate a device.
Create the Pix4D account that you want to transfer your license to at Sign up.
Submit a request to Pix4D Support with the following details:
- The email address of the Pix4D account you want to transfer your license to
- The 8-digit alphanumeric ID of the Pix4D license that you want to transfer
- The ID number of any projects on PIX4Dcloud that you want to transfer
- Written confirmation from the license's current owner that the license can be transferred
- Confirm that all your devices are deactivated
Note: The cloud projects will remain on the current account - after changing the license ownership, you will not be able to access the projects on PIX4Dcloud using the new email address.
Pix4D offers educational licenses with multiple seats. It is possible to set up PIX4Dmapper in a computer lab or classroom and manage the licenses' access. For more information, please refer to Pix4D installation for computer lab.
Pix4D also provides a Pix4Dmapper license to students at a reduced price. The requirement is that only a user having a professor license can invite students to purchase a semester or yearly license. For more information: Semester/yearly license of Pix4Dmapper for students.