This article explains the cause and solution processing time takes very long when using Quadro GPUs.
Step 3. DSM and Orthomosaic takes too long on machines with Quadro GPUs.
The substeps of loading the dense point cloud and generating the DSM take much longer than expected.
This issue is related to the driver of the Quadro GPU and the options selected for the graphics processor.
A. Ensure that the latest driver is installed. Download the latest driver from here: https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us.
For step-by-step instructions: How to update the driver for an NVIDIA graphics card
B. Change the options selected for the graphics processor:
1. Use the Search Windows to open the Control Panel.
2. In the Control Panel window select Hardware and Sound and then click NVIDIA Control Panel.
3. In the NVIDIA Control Panel window, in the section 3D Settings, click Manage 3D settings.
4. Under Global Settings select 3D App Game Development from the drop-down list.
5. Click Apply.
6. Re-process step 3. DSM, Orthomosaic and Index.