The 3D PDF of the 3D textured mesh can be used to make measurements.
To measure distances of the 3D Textured Mesh in the 3D PDF:
1. Open the 3D PDF with Adobe Reader.
2. Right click on the 3D Textured Mesh, go to Tools and click 3D Measurement Tools.
3. Right click on the model and click Define Model Units.
4. Select the model unit(s) in the drop down menu and click OK.
5. Left click on the model to mark the first vertex of the measurement and left click again to close the object. The measurement appears above the line that was drawn.
It is possible to change the title of the 3D PDF of the 3D textured mesh but not directly in Pix4D Desktop. An alternative would be the following:
1. Download and install Foxit Reader.
2. Open the 3D PDF file of the 3D Textured Mesh with Foxit Reader. It does not matter whether the model can be visualized or not.
3. On the Menu bar, click Comment.
4. In the section Drawing, click the tool to draw a rectangle.
5. Draw a rectangle around the part to be removed.
6. On the Menu bar, click Comment Format of the Drawing Tool.
7. Adjust the style, e.g. no border and white color.
8. On the Menu bar, click Comment.
9. In the section Typewriter, click the button Typewriter.
10. Draw the box, move it and enter the desired name.
11. On the Menu bar, click Comment Format of the Free Text Tool.
12. Adjust the style of the text.
13. Click File > Save.
14. Close Foxit Reader.
15. Open the 3D PDF file of the 3D Textured Mesh with the usual PDF application supporting 3D data.
Disclaimer: Pix4D publishes this information as a courtesy to its customers. Pix4D makes no warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, with respect to the content's validity or accuracy.