The Virtual Inspector is a PIX4Dcloud tool to analyze the project images in full resolution by exploring the 3D model. It is possible to highlight, share, and export 2D areas of interest for more insights. Inspections provide flexibility to document a project on PIX4Dcloud and/or for third-party usage.
To access the virtual inspector:
- Open a project.
- Select the 3D view.
- On the right side of the view, click .
- Navigate the model, zoom, and orient it to locate an area of interest.
- Click on a point of the model (gray cross) to find the images that contain that point.
- The Virtual inspector opens on the right panel.
To inspect a project area:
1. (Optional) On the right panel, add Name, Description and Tags.
2. Scroll the list of images containing the point to inspect. The order depends on the distance to the point and its position on the image. Click to display the images in full screen.
3. There are three inspection features:
Add a rectangular box (annotation) to highlight features on a specific image. Once drawn, the box cannot be moved.
Pin relevant images of the inspection. Other images are greyed out and are not accessible anymore after saving the inspection. Images containing boxes are automatically pinned.
Export and save to desktop an interesting section of an image.
Adjust the corners and move the crop zone to select the area. Unlock the aspect ratio for more flexibility. If the image contains a box, the default crop zone is automatically adjusted to it. Click Export.
4. Click Save inspection as annotation. Alternatively, click to discard the changes and close the inspector.
Saved inspections are added to the Annotations layer.