I have the following setup:
- Several cameras are located in a room and are taking simultaneously images.
With a total-station I am able to measure all the 6 orientation parameters of all the cameras:
- For each camera, I know precisely the Easting, Northing and Altitude of the sensor.
- For each camera, I know precisely the direction North (Azimuth) the camera is looking.
- For each camera, I know precisely the angle of the camera looking down- or upward (horizontal or elevation angle).
- For each camera, I know precisely the angle of the camera tilting to the left or right (horizontal or elevation angle).
And the restriction is:
- I cannot place any markers on the walls.
But I am unable to get any correct model. Currently, I am even struggling, if the three rotation values I have are Omega-Phi-Kappa or Roll-Pitch-Yaw.
- What is the correct approach to get the correct rotation angles as input from the Azimuth, Dipping and Tilting of the camera?
Looking forward to any hints.
The attached sketch tries to summarize the setup and the known values.