This post refers to OS X Pix4Dmapper 2.2. Since the release of OS X Pix4Dmapper 3.0, we have created a new post here, on which you can post your comments and your feedback.
This post will be closed to comments.
We hope version 3.0 will better meet your needs.
How to install the Mac version
Follow these steps to install the Mac version:
- Download the Mac beta version from here: https://mapper.pix4d.com/download/mapper/dmg/
- Go to Downloads folder and double click Pix4Dmapper_2.2.XX.dmg.
- Move the Pix4Dmapper icon to the Applications folder. Pix4Dmapper is now installed.
- If you are not the Administrator, authenticate adding the username and password of the Administrator.
- Eject “Pix4Dmapper” image.
- Launch Pix4Dmapper.
- A warning message will appear: “Pix4Dmapper is an application downloaded from the Internet. Are you sure you want to open it?”. Select Open.
- Add your username and password. Pix4Dmapper will open.
- The software cannot automatically prevent the computer from entering sleep mode while processing. For more information on how to manually disable the sleep mode while processing: 208355936.
You can also download version 2.1.61 from here: https://mapper.pix4d.com/download/pix4d_mapper/2.1.61/mac/
- The software crashes or the project is not loaded when either right clicking on the p4d file and selecting open with > Pix4Dmapper or when double clicking on the p4d file.
Workaround: To open the project, start Pix4Dmapper and in the menu select Project > Open Project....
- It is not possible to create nor process projects with Sequoia images containing Airinov's calibration target. The software crashes.
Workaround: no workaround exists for Mac.
What about the licenses?
Your existing paid licenses will work just as well on the beta Mac version; it will just count as another installation but you can float easily from one device to another. You can also use the beta Mac version with the free Discovery license.
What are the minimum hardware requirements?
You need Mac OS X 10.11 - El Capitan to run Pix4Dmapper.
At this point, we no longer have the possibility of supporting and testing on Mac OS X 10.10. Upgrading from Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks and 10.10 Yosemite is free, and all Mac computers that can run these previous versions can also run El Capitan. Upgrading is a fast, simple and safe process done through the Mac App Store and all the files that you have on your computer are preserved.
The beta version has been tested with the following Mac computers:
Pix4Dmapper should run on other Macs from this period, with similar specifications. We recommend the fastest i7 processors and at least 16GB RAM.
We also plan to test the beta version on more Mac computers. Your feedback for compatibility issues with other Mac devices is more than welcome.
Is there any difference between Mac/Windows versions?
The main difference in the Mac version is the lack of Nvidia CUDA, PDF3D and SGM support. We are also working on improving the display for Retina screens. In addition, the Map View does not have a Satellite view as background at the moment.
Is support provided for the beta Mac version?
The Mac version is in beta. Therefore, personal support is not yet provided. However, you are welcome to post your feedback on the Forum to help us improve the beta. You can post your comments, suggestions or issues in this section of the Forum.
Are the Manual and Knowledge Base valid for the beta Mac version?
Apart from the installation of Pix4Dmapper, the lack of GPU processing, the 3D PDF limitation and the lack of SGM, the documentation of Pix4Dmapper is valid for the beta Mac version.
We hope that you will enjoy using the beta Mac version and we are looking forward to receiving your feedback.