UPDATE: The version 2.0.7 is available
This version is publicly available and it is no longer necessary to be part of the beta group to download it. To download the latest version on Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pix4d.pix4dmapper
However, the Phantom 3 Advanced/Professional and the Inspire 1 are still labeled as beta.
For instructions on how to use the App: https://support.pix4d.com/hc/en-us/articles/202557269
Hello Pix4D members!
We are happy to announce that a beta version of the Capture App on Android has been released!
Please be aware that this is a beta and the App might be unstable and therefore it is intended for advanced users.
In order to be able to try the beta follow these steps:
1. Join the beta tester Google Group and download the beta.
1. Log in to your Google Play Store account: https://accounts.google.com/
2. Go to the following link and click Join Group to join the "capture-beta" group: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/capture-beta
3. In the Join the capture-beta group pop-up, click Join this group.
4. Go to the following link to register as a beta tester: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.pix4d.pix4dmapper
5. Click BECOME A TESTER.
Note: After the registration, you will now receive the beta updates from Google Play Store (similarly to normal updates, but that will be the beta version).
6. Download the app from the Google Play Store page: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pix4d.pix4dmapper
Make sure that you are logged in with the Play Store account that you used to register as a beta tester.
2. Install the latest DJI firmware on your drone and remote controller.
The current the beta version 2.0.5 is compatible with the firmware V1.4.0010 for the Phantom 3 Professional, Advanced and the Inspire 1.
1. Download the firmware:
- Phantom 3: http://www.dji.com/product/phantom-3/download
- Inspire 1: http://www.dji.com/product/inspire-1/download
2. Install the firmware on your drone following the instructions from DJI:
- Phantom 3: http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/phantom_3/en/How_to_Update_Firmware_en.pdf
- Inspire 1: http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/inspire_1/en/How_To_Upgrade_Firmware_en.pdf
3. Start using the App:
1. Turn on the remote control.
2. Turn on the drone.
3. Connect your phone to the remote control in USB.
4. Make sure that the switch P.A.F is in the F position.
5. Open the App.
6. Go Settings > Drone type for this app and select the appropriate drone.
7. (optional) If using the Inspire 1, enable the advanced mode: Go to Settings > Advanced settings and enable the advanced mode.
8. Go to Grid Mission.
9. Select Start.
10. In the takeoff checklist, depending on the drone you may have the following:
- Phantom 3:
To get all green checks and to be able to start the mission you need to takeoff manually.
- Inspire 1:
To get all green checks and to be able to start the mission you need to:
- Ignore the low battery level: Press on the Battery check and ignore this check (you need to have enabled the Advanced mode see point 6).
- Takeoff manually.
11. Press for 3 second the Press and hold to takeoff button.
- The synchronization of the images might crash the application. We recommend to disable the automatic synchronization of the images for the moment: https://support.pix4d.com/hc/en-us/articles/203873435#label53
You can transfer the images directly from the SD card of the drone and use the .p4d project file that is created by the App to process the images: https://support.pix4d.com/hc/en-us/articles/204068019#label1
- The Sync / Mission Manager is still unstable and you might have to force quit the App.
- The user interface is not complete and it will be improved for the public release.
- The USB connection is not stable in the current firmware, if it does not connect:
- Unplug the USB cable between your phone and the transmitter.
- Close the Capture App.
- Plug the USB cable and restart the App.
We hope that you will enjoy using the beta version and we are looking forward to receiving your feedback.