This article provides workarounds for quickly solving the most frequent issues encountered by our users. The following workarounds are recommended when experiencing unexpected behaviors using PIX4Dcatch: upgrade to the latest version, make sure the internet connection is stable and perform a soft reset of the mobile device.
IN THIS ARTICLE
Is PIX4Dcatch up to date?
How to update the PIX4Dcatch app on iOS
How to update the PIX4Dcatch app on Android
Is my Internet Connection stable?
How to perform a soft reset on iOS
How to perform a soft reset on Android
We always recommend using the latest Pix4Dcatch version on the mobile device. If running an older version, please upgrade to the latest version and try again.
- Open the PIX4Dcatch App.
- Select the Account options icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- The PIX4Dcatch app version will be displayed at the bottom of the screen.
Apps can be updated automatically or manually. To update the app manually:
- Open the App Store.
- Tap your profile icon at the top of the screen.
- Scroll to see pending updates and release notes.
- Tap Update next to the PIX4Dcatch app.
To update an app on Android:
- Open the Google Play Store app.
- At the top right, tap the profile icon.
- Tap Manage apps & device. Apps with an update available are labeled "Update available."
- Tap Update for the PIX4Dcatch app.
While it is possible to capture projects without internet connection or cellular reception, there are several tasks where an internet connection is required: uploading, geolocating, and connecting to the RTK rover. When the cellular reception drops, the app can freeze during processes such as uploading.
Without an internet connection to geolocate the images, the projects will appear off of the coast of Africa at what is referred to as "Null Island." This is common for wifi-only devices that are not connected or have lost the connection.
In some cases, a soft reset (a restart of the device) of the mobile device can solve the issues. This action closes applications and clears any data in the random access memory (RAM). Unsaved data in current use may be lost, but data stored on the drive, applications, and settings are not affected.
- Press and quickly release the Volume up button.
- Press and quickly release the Volume down button.
- Press and hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo.
- With the help of a power button, switch off the device.
- Wait for ~10 seconds after the screen turns black.
- Press the power button again to switch back on the mobile device.
If the issue persists, please go to our more specific troubleshooting articles. If the issue is not covered in any category, we recommend contacting Technical Support (valid license holders with Support & Upgrade service) or joining our Community (free to all) to address the issue and get help from other users.
For more information: Presenting PIX4Dcatch issues to Technical Support / the Community - Best Practices.