With PIX4Dcapture Pro, there is an option to download street and satellite basemaps for offline usage for a designated boundary within the data acquisition plan.
Once downloaded, these offline maps can be utilized for doing a mission or planning a new mission inside the offline maps boundary, even when there is no internet connection in the field. This feature is especially beneficial when working in remote areas or regions with unreliable internet connectivity, as it helps identify mission boundaries and planning.
To download the offline maps, follow these steps:
- Launch PIX4Dcapture Pro while connected to the internet.
- In the dashboard, select Plans.
- Choose a plan from the list of Plans.
Tap on Offline maps located at the bottom right of the screen.
- Define a custom boundary for the plan by zooming in, zooming out, or dragging the base map as required. Then, click on the Download icon to initiate the offline map download.
- Once the download is complete, a message indicating Offline maps downloaded will be displayed at the bottom center of the screen as well as a green boundary.
Article feedback (for troubleshooting, post here instead)