This checklist aims to provide an overview of the necessary equipment and the setup for planning a well-organized drone mission with PIX4Dcapture Pro.
- Latest version of PIX4Dcapture Pro App installed on your mobile device or drone controller:
- Download it here: Apple App Store, Google Play Store, or APK installation.
- Pix4D account (unlimited access to the app until Sept 30th).
- PIX4Dcloud valid license (access and download plans from the Mission Planner tool).
- Latest operating system for the mobile device.
- Latest versions of the drone vendor application (turn on automatic update).
- Latest firmware versions (drone; remote controller; camera).
- Drone (no damages).
- Remote controller (charged).
- Camera (if swappable payloads)
- Mobile device (if applicable).
- Drone batteries (charged).
- Drone propellers (and some replacements).
- Cable to connect the remote controller and mobile device (if applicable).
- SD card with sufficient storage (if applicable)
- Install drone propellers, battery, and SD card (if applicable).
- Remove camera gimbal clamp (if applicable).
- Power ON the remote controller and drone.
- Connect the mobile device to the remote controller using the correct cable (if applicable).
- Launch the drone manufacturer application:
- Perform any needed calibration (compass/IMU/camera).
- Set up advanced safety settings such as obstacle avoidance.
- Force to quit the drone manufacturer application to avoid conflicts with PIX4Dcapture Pro.
- Open the PIX4Dcapture Pro application:
- Log in with the Pix4D user account credentials (internet connection required).
- Select your drone model.
- Set the safety and security settings.
Article feedback (for troubleshooting, post here instead)