Welcome to the PIX4Dcatch user interface(UI). This article identifies each button and folder providing a quick understanding and reference to how PIX4Dcatch is laid out.
The home/capture screen is the primary interface when opening the app. The signal quality indicator and user account options are found at the top of the screen.
- GPS Status
Monitor the quality of cellular reception.
- 4 bars: Location accuracy less than 5m(16ft).
- 3 bars: Location accuracy between 5m(16ft) and 10m(33ft).
- 2 bars: Location accuracy between 10m(33ft) and 50m(164ft).
- 1 bar: Location accuracy greater than 50m(164ft).
- No bars: No GPS signal.
- GPS Sensor / Bluetooth selection
- Integrated GPS Sensor: Default selection using the internal GPS for geolocation.
- viDoc RTK via Bluetooth: Select when connecting viDoc RTK rover.
PIX4Dcatch Account dialog.
- Create Account: Access form for new users to create an account.
- Log in: Access form for existing account holders to log in.
- View Onboarding: View onboarding slides.
- Documentation: Opens the PIX4Dcatch documentation page to access learning materials.
- Community: Opens the PIX4Dcatch Community page.
- Pix4D Terms and Policies: List of Pix4D terms and policies.
- Third Party licenses: List of third-party licenses.
- App Usage Disclaimer: Access the PIX4Dcatch App Usage Disclaimer.
- The installed version of the PIX4Dcatch app.
PIX4Dcatch is ready to capture.
Capture functions and project folders are found at the bottom of the window. The capture button starts a capture, and the pause button pauses a capture. During capture, the button saves a project, and the button aborts a project.
PIX4Dcatch Live Preview screen.
iOS and Android users with LiDAR or ToF sensors can use the Live Preview feature to gain insight into what is being captured.
- Top view: Full view of the project area.
- First-person view: Focused view from the camera perspective.
- Cancel: Close the Live Preview window.
- Point Cloud: View the points collected.
- Cameras: Show the camera positions.
Use the live preview to help see what is captured.
PIX4Dcatch Project dialog.
- Search projects using keywords.
- Filter projects by type.
- The number of projects.
- Select multiple projects for deletion.
Each project thumbnail contains unique information, including the number of images, upload status, project name, and capture date. Tap and hold a project to access the project menu allowing further actions.
Project thumbnail menu.
- Rename: Rename the project
- Upload: Upload to PIX4Dcloud
- Export all data: Export the entire project to save or process locally.
- Export captured point cloud (PLY): Exports the collected point cloud from devices with LiDAR or TOF sensors. (This is not used in processing but for visualization in the Live Preview)
- Export captured mesh (OBJ): Export the collected mesh when selected.
- Export Logs: Exports the current log files documenting internal aspects of the entire project. It is important to export logs soon after a potential issue as they can be overwritten with new information.
- Delete: Deletes the project.
PIX4Dcatch GCP Management dialog.
From the GCP management dialog window, it is possible to:
- See the number of collections.
- Toggle between list and map views.
- List of existing collections.
- Input coordinate reference system.
- The number of measured points in the collection.
- Start a new GCP collection.
Select a collection for the list of points measured.
PIX4Dcatch single point collection dialog.
- Export GCP collection. Complete(full information) and PIX4Dmatic-based files(for direct import to PIX4Dmatic) and logs are exported.
- Collection name
- The number of measured points currently in the collection.
- Toggle list and map views
- Collected points.
PIX4Dcatch single point measurement dialog.
- Point name.
- RTK/GPS tag.
- Horizontal and vertical accuracies.
- Coordinates measured.
- Date measured.
- Measurement duration.
- Measure a new GCP.
- Output coordinate reference system for the GCP collection.
PIX4Dcatch main settings dialog.
Use the Settings dialog to adjust and customize features within the PIX4Dcatch app.
For detailed information: Settings - PIX4Dcatch.
Article feedback (for troubleshooting, post here instead)