Welcome to the PIX4Dcatch user interface(UI). This article identifies each button and folder providing a quick understanding and reference to how PIX4Dcatch is laid out.
The home/capture screen is the primary interface when opening the app. The signal quality indicator and user account options are found at the top of the screen.
- GPS Status
Monitor the quality of cellular reception.
- 4 bars: Location accuracy less than 5m(16ft).
- 3 bars: Location accuracy between 5m(16ft) and 10m(33ft).
- 2 bars: Location accuracy between 10m(33ft) and 50m(164ft).
- 1 bar: Location accuracy greater than 50m(164ft).
- No bars: No GPS signal.
- GPS Sensor / Bluetooth selection
- Integrated GPS Sensor: Default selection using the internal GPS for geolocation.
- viDoc RTK via Bluetooth: Select when connecting viDoc RTK rover.
PIX4Dcatch Account dialog.
- Create Account: Access form for new users to create an account.
- Log in: Access form for existing account holders to log in.
- View Onboarding: View onboarding slides.
- Documentation: Opens the PIX4Dcatch documentation page to access learning materials.
- Community: Opens the PIX4Dcatch Community page.
- Pix4D Terms and Policies: List of Pix4D terms and policies.
- Third Party licenses: List of third-party licenses.
- App Usage Disclaimer: Access the PIX4Dcatch App Usage Disclaimer.
- The installed version of the PIX4Dcatch app.
PIX4Dcatch is ready to capture.
Capture functions and project folders are found at the bottom of the window. The capture button starts a capture, and the pause button pauses a capture. During capture, the button saves a project, and the button aborts a project.
PIX4Dcatch Live Preview screen.
iOS and Android users who have LiDAR or ToF sensors in their devices can use the Live Preview feature to gain insight into what is being captured.
- Top view: Full view of the project area.
- First-person view: Focused view from the camera perspective.
- Cancel: Close the Live Preview window.
- Point Cloud: View the points collected.
- Cameras: Show the camera positions.
Use the live preview to help see what is captured.
PIX4Dcatch Project dialog.
- Search projects using keywords.
- Filter projects by type.
- The number of projects.
- Select multiple projects for deletion.
Each project thumbnail contains unique information including the number of images, upload status, project name, and capture date. Tap and hold a project to access the project menu allowing further actions.
Project thumbnail menu.
- Rename: Rename the project
- Upload: Upload to PIX4Dcloud
- Export all data: Export the entire project to save or process locally.
- Export captured point cloud (PLY): Exports the collected point cloud from devices with LiDAR or TOF sensors. (This is not used in processing but for visualization in the Live Preview)
- Export captured mesh (OBJ): Export the collected mesh when selected.
- Export Logs: Exports the current log files documenting internal aspects of the entire project. It is important to export logs soon after a potential issue as they can be overwritten with new information.
- Delete: Deletes the project.
PIX4Dcatch GCP Management dialog.
From the GCP management dialog window, it is possible to:
- See the number of collections.
- Toggle between list and map views.
- List of existing collections.
- Input coordinate reference system.
- The number of measured points in the collection.
- Start a new GCP collection.
Select a collection for the list of points measured.
PIX4Dcatch single point collection dialog.
- Export GCP collection. Complete(full information) and PIX4Dmatic-based files(for direct import to PIX4Dmatic), along with logs are exported.
- Collection name
- The number of measured points currently in the collection.
- Toggle list and map views
- Collected points.
PIX4Dcatch single point measurement dialog.
- Point name.
- RTK/GPS tag.
- Horizontal and vertical accuracies.
- Coordinates measured.
- Date measured.
- Measurement duration.
- Measure a new GCP.
- Output coordinate reference system for the GCP collection.
PIX4Dcatch main settings dialog.
Use the Settings dialog to adjust and customize features within the PIX4Dcatch app.
For detailed information: Settings - PIX4Dcatch.