This checklist aims at providing an overview of the necessary equipment and the setup for planning a well-organized drone mission with PIX4Dscan.
- Pix4D account.
- Pix4D software valid license (any valid Pix4D license will give you access to PIX4Dscan).
- PIX4Dinspect valid license (to enable Cell tower asset missions in PIX4Dscan) .
- PIX4Dscan App installed on your mobile device (Download it here: App Store, or Google Play).
- Latest operating system for the mobile device.
- Latest versions of PIX4Dscan and drone vendor application (turn on automatic update).
- Latest firmware versions (drone; remote controller; camera).
- Drone (no damages).
- Remote controller (charged).
- Camera (if swappable payloads)
- Mobile device (if applicable).
- Drone batteries (charged).
- Drone propellers (and some replacements)
- Cable to connect remote controller and mobile device (if applicable).
- SD card with sufficient storage (if applicable)
- Install drone propellers, battery and SD card (if applicable).
- Remove camera blocking systems (if applicable).
- Power ON remote controller and drone.
- Connect mobile device to the remote controller using the correct cable (if applicable).
- Launch the drone manufacturer application:
- Perform any needed calibration (compass/IMU/camera).
- Setup advanced safety settings such as obstacle avoidance.
- Force to quit the drone manufacturer application to avoid conflicts with PIX4Dscan.
- Open the PIX4Dscan application:
- Log in with the Pix4D user account credentials (internet connection required).
- Select your drone model.
- Set the safety and security settings.
Article feedback (for troubleshooting, post here instead)