A Region of interest is a delimiting area to reduce the extent of outputs generated for a project, speed up the processing, or even create sharper outputs.
IN THIS ARTICLE
The Region of interest can be used to restrain the processing and can be valuable for different key aspects such as:
- Optimizing the required storage of a project.
- Increase the processing speed of a project.
- Reducing the required hardware needed for processing a project.
- Creating better outputs with sharper edges.
- Generate results for a restricted area of the project by excluding the surroundings of the area of interest, i.e. due to oblique imagery.
Region of interest selection.
To draw a Region of interest in the 2D view:
- After selecting the Region of interest left-click to place the first vertex and then release the mouse button.
- To place the following vertices move the mouse to the desired location and left-click, then release the mouse button.
- (Optional) Click Esc to cancel the creation of the area.
- Right-click for the last vertex to close the polygon.
- Click File > Save to save the Region of interest in the project.
To edit the Region of interest or correct the position of each vertex:
- Access the 2D view from the menu bar, the toolbar, or the keyboard shortcut.
- Select the Region of interest by clicking anywhere inside its area, so that the vertices become visible.
- Click on a vertex to select it.
- Drag the vertex to move it to the correct position.
- (Optional) Click Esc to exit the Region of interest mode.
- (Optional) To remove an individual vertex, left-click on the specific vertex to select it and press the Delete button on the keyboard.
- (Optional) To add a new vertex, right-click on the position of the drawn polygon where the vertex needs to be added.
- Click outside the Region of interest to accept the modifications.
To remove the Region of interest:
- Access the 2D View from the menu bar, the toolbar, or the keyboard shortcut. Select the Region of interest by clicking anywhere inside its area, so that the vertices become visible.
- To remove the Region of interest, press Delete.
- (Optional) Draw it again from scratch if needed.