After capturing a PIX4Dcatch project and before saving, a report summarizing the RTK status during the capture is displayed. This quality report can give insight into the connection during the capture to help inform about the quality of the data collected.
After tapping the finalize capture button, a summary of the capture, along with a capture overview, will be displayed for review.
PIX4Dcatch Capture Report.
A summary allows for a quick glimpse into:
- Images - Number of images taken for the capture.
- Optimal Accuracy - Percentage of images with good RTK status from the total number of images. This is an indication of the estimated accuracy achieved during the capture based on the RTK data. The best reconstruction results can be achieved in areas with optimal accuracy.
The Capture Overview displays various information:
- The accuracy image path with 3 different colors to describe the RTK Quality.
- Green - Optimal quality. Best reconstruction results can be achieved.
- Yellow - Reduced quality.
- Red - Low quality. Areas generally with an overhead obstruction or loss of satellite access/internet connection.
- A center button to center the captured area on the screen.
A Layer button to access additional layer options. Select an option to customize the view:
PIX4Dcatch Capture Overview menu buttons
- Toggle the RTK accuracy image path.
- Toggle camera prisms.
- Toggle Sparse point cloud. Available for devices with a TOF and/or LiDAR sensor. Tie points will be displayed for devices without these sensors.
- Close the menu.
It is recommended to have as many images as possible with optimal RTK quality to ensure good geolocation for the project.
In cases where some areas do not have good quality reception, it would be recommended to capture these regions with enough images to provide plenty of image overlap.
For more information: GNSS and viDoc RTK rover best practices.