With a captured PIX4Dcatch project, there are several options for processing a 3D model from it. Directly upload and process to PIX4Dcloud / PIX4Dcloud Advanced for the most immediate results, or export the project and process using PIX4Dmatic or PIX4Dmapper.
IN THIS ARTICLE
For fast results, uploading and processing with PIX4Dcloud / PIX4Dcloud Advanced can provide quick shareable 3D reconstructions.
Captured project ready for upload.
After capturing a project, upload directly to PIX4Dcloud / PIX4Dcloud Advanced for processing by tapping the blue Upload button at the top of the screen. Projects can be opened from the Projects screen anytime.
It is also possible to upload from the Projects screen. The Projects screen lists all of the projects taken on the mobile device.
1. Tap the folder icon to access the Projects screen.
2. Tap and hold on the desired project to access the menu.
3. Tap Upload.
After tapping Upload the Upload project window appears providing further options for processing the project.
Select processing options with the Upload Project dialog.
- Measure Volumes and Elevation Profiles: Select the option to generate a DSM.
- 2D Map: Select the option to generate an Orthomosaic.
- Site Localization: Select a site, where to assign the project.
- Output CRS: Select the output coordinate reference system (CRS) to use. If GCPs are included in the project, this option will locked to the GCPs' CRS. This option is only available if using RTK rover during capturing the project.
4. An email is sent when all images are uploaded and processing begins.
5. A second email is sent when processing is finished.
6. After the processing is finished, the results can be viewed and shared on PIX4Dcloud.
- Export the project files from PIX4Dcatch. How to export PIX4Dcatch projects (iOS/Android) for more information.
- Create a new project and start processing using PIX4Dmapper/PIX4Dmatic.
For more information:
- After the processing is finished, the results are available for further analysis in PIX4Dmapper/PIX4Dmatic.
- Eventually upload the results to PIX4Dsurvey or PIX4Dcloud, if needed. How to import a PIX4Dmatic project into PIX4Dsurvey, or How to upload or replace results to PIX4Dcloud for more information.
For a detailed description of GCPs: Tie Points (GCPs, MTPs, and CPs) - PIX4Dmatic