The following processing options can be adjusted when enabling the mesh generation:
It allows selecting the input point cloud for the Mesh generation. The following options are available:
- Dense point cloud (default): The point cloud generated from images during the Densify step.
- Depth point cloud: The point cloud generated from LiDAR depth maps.
- Depth & dense fusion: The point cloud that present a fusion of the dense and depth point cloud.
Selecting input point cloud for the Mesh generation.
This option enables distinguished default parameters for the mesh generation algorithms used for the different types of datasets imported into the software. The following templates are available for the Mesh generation:
- Aerial (default): Ideal for scenes with larger extent. Typically drone flight size projects that contain oblique or nadir data.
- PIX4Dcatch: For projects with limited extent. Optimized for hand-held captured data with PIX4DCatch.
- Thin structures: For projects that capture thin structures, i.e., cables, powerline tower structures, antennas.
Selecting Template for the Mesh generation.
Texture Size (1024x1024 - 32768x32768 pixels, default 8192x8192 pixels): Parameter used to define the resolution of the texture of the Mesh.
Decimation (1.000.000 default): The maximum number of triangles in the final Mesh. The number will depend on the geometry and the size of the project.
Sky mask utilizes the generated mask during the Densify step to improve the mesh quality. It is enabled by default when the Sky filter option is enabled while running the Densify step.
Enabling the Mesh Sky mask option after selecting the Sky filter process of the desification.