PIX4Dcatch uses the LiDAR to capture the depth information of the surrounding during the image acquisition. The LiDAR points will compensate for the lack of 3D points over reflective and low texture surfaces. This helps to generate a complete reconstructed model and also helps to generate a more accurately scaled model.
Upload the project with the depth information
1. In the Home screen, tap folder icon , and select the project.
2.Tap on the project to process. A different view appears with the images.
3. Tap . Then, a new upload dialog box appears with the uploading options. Select the Process with Depth(beta) option and click on Upload.
In order to process the dataset with LiDAR, check the Process with Depth (beta), and click Upload.
4. An email is sent when all images are uploaded and processing begins.
5. A second email is sent when processing is finished.
6. After the processing is finished, the results can be viewed and shared on PIX4Dcloud.
Disclaimer: The above workflow is in the beta stage. For any issue, post it on our community page.