The TIN (Triangular Irregular Network) is a seamless set of triangles that represent a surface. In Pix4Dsurvey, the usage of the TIN is primarily intended to model the ground, from points and breaklines.
The main input for the TIN generation are points generated with the Grid of Points process. For more information and settings see the Grid of points article.
To select the Input grid of points:
- In Processes - TIN, select the generated grid of points in the drop-down menu.
- Use terrain layers as breaklines (Enabled - default): This feature allows the use of polyline, polygon, and marker object types as breaklines if the vector layer is defined as a terrain layer. All layers with the tag Terrain are used.
To define a layer as a terrain layer:
- In the Content - Layers, right-click on the layer.
- Click Mark as terrain layer.
To use breaklines as a constraint for the TIN generation, use the Mark as terrain layer option and enable the Use terrain layers as breaklines option.
The generated TIN can be exported in LandXML format in the:
- File - Export To - LandXML  or
- Content - TIN panel by clicking Export... .