The Grid of points tool helps to automate the creation of spot elevations and allow drastic simplification of the number of point cloud points. No new points are created, only existing points from the input data are used.
Defines the point clouds used for the Grid of points process:
- All: All point clouds in the Content > Point clouds are used for processing.
- Only visible - default. Only visible point clouds in the Content > Point clouds and Terrain classes are used for processing.
- Terrain: All points in the Terrain class are used for processing. Only available after the Terrain filter is processed.
- Non-terrain: All points in the Non-terrain class are used for processing. Only available after the Terrain filter is processed.
- Sample distance [units]: Determines the grid size:
- 0.1 m - 100 m, 2.5 m - default.
- 0.1 ft - 100 ft, 8 ft - default.
Grid of points (blue points) generated only using the terrain points with a sample distance of 2.5 m.
Result of the Grid of Points process can be exported in .dxf and .shp format. More in the Export article.