It allows users to change the following processing options:
This parameter defines the density of the point cloud:
- Optimal (Default): A 3D point is computed for every 8th pixel of the original image. This is the recommended point cloud density.
- High: A 3D point is computed for every 2nd pixel of the original image. The result will be an oversampled point cloud that requires up to 4 times more processing time and RAM than Optimal density. Usually, this point cloud option does not significantly improve the results.
- Low: A 3D point is computed for every 32rd pixel of the original image. The final point cloud is computed up to 4 times faster and uses up to 4 times less RAM than Optimal density.
Minimum Number of Matches (2-6, 3 default) represents the minimum number of valid re-projections of this 3D point to the images. For example, when using the Minimum Number of Matches 3 (default), each 3D point has to be correctly re-projected in at least 3 images.
To export the point cloud automatically during the Densify step:
- In Densify > Exports, select the Dense point cloud .las option.
- (Optional) Click and specify the desired path and filename.