Download the latest version of PIX4Dcatch for Android and iOS.
IN THIS ARTICLE
1. Launch PIX4Dcatch.
2. Tap on the setting icon to customize your capture trigger. For iOS devices, select either the Device Pose or Image Overlap tab and adjust the settings.
For android devices, only the Device Pose (Distance and Angle) is available.
Setting on iOS version
Setting on Android version
2.1 Device Pose: Triggers the image based on the device's movement.
- Distance: Triggers when the device moves more than the selected distance. The default value is 10 cm and the distance can be set between 1 cm to 100cm.
- Angle: Triggers when the device has rotated more than selected degrees. The default value is 20° and it varies between 1° and 45°.
2.2 Image Overlap: Triggers the image based on the image overlap.
- Overlap: Defines the image overlap to trigger the camera. The default overlap is 90% and the overlap percentage ranges between 70% and 99%.
3. Tap Done to save the settings.
After setting up the image triggering settings, you are ready to start the image acquisition.
1. Tap on the record icon , and slowly move the device to start capturing. The app will automatically start capturing images based on the selected settings.
2. After the capturing is completed, tap on the record icon to stop recording.
3. Tap to save the captured images.
After finishing the mission, a project is created and images are stored on the device.
Upload images directly to PIX4Dcloud for processing.
1. In the Home screen, tap folder icon , and select the project.
Tap on Captured, Processed, Processing, All at the top of the screen to switch the project views. By default, the All tab is open which displays all the projects. When looking for the project in a different tab, the search box is a useful tool to narrow the search.
2.Tap on the project to process. A different view appears with the images.
On the iOS devices, the Details tap at the top of the screen provides information such as date, status, image trigger method, size of the project. The mapview is also displayed with the position of the captured image.
3. Tap . Then, a new upload dialog box appears with the below-listed cloud processing options. Select the desired cloud processing option and click on Upload. By default, the point cloud and the 3D textured mesh will be generated as an output.
- (iOS only) Process with Depth (beta): This option is only available on the iOS version of PIX4Dcatch. The depth information recorded by the LiDAR on the device will be used while processing. For more information visit, (iOS) How to process the PIX4Dcatch project with the depth information.
- Generate DSM: Select the option to enable the volume measurement and the elevation profiles.
- Generate Orthomosaic: Generates color balanced 2D image map with uniform scale
4. An email is sent when all images are uploaded and processing begins.
5. A second email is sent when processing is finished.
6. After the processing is finished, the results can be viewed and shared on PIX4Dcloud.
1. Copy the images from the device to the computer. For more information see How to export PIX4Dcatch projects (Android, iOS).
2. Create a new project and start processing using the PIX4Dmapper. For more information see New project in PIX4Dmapper.
3. After the processing is finished, the results are available for further analysis in PIX4Dmapper.