The Artificial Intelligence AI antenna recognition algorithm is able to detect antenna patterns in the reconstructed point cloud and compute their position, orientation, and dimension.
The outputs of the algorithm are the position, orientation, and dimension of the antenna.
In particular, the antenna's properties that are automatically detected are the following:
- Antenna type: Type of antenna. Only panel antennas are recognized.
- Downtilt: Downward angle with respect to the gravity field lines. Values range from -90 to +90 degrees.
- Azimuth: Yaw angle with respect to the true North. Values range from 0 to 360 degrees.
- Plumb: Roll angle (side tilt) with respect to the gravity field lines. Values range from -180 to +180 degrees.
- Width: Width of the antenna panel.
- Height: Height of the antenna panel.
- Depth: Depth of the antenna panel.
- Altitude (CL): Altitude of the antenna center point with respect to the altitude of the Center Line of the antenna.
Under the hypothesis that the centerline of the tower is perfectly aligned with gravity, the orientation angles and dimensions of the antenna would be the ones shown in the images.
|Figure 1. Side view.||Figure 2. Zero-degree downtilt and plumb.|
|Figure 3. Positive downtilt and plumb.||Figure 4. Negative downtilt and plumb.|
|Figure 5. Top view. 45 degrees of azimuth.||Figure 6. Top view. 330 degrees of azimuth.|