|Previous | Next|
This article describes how to annotate images for inspection purposes.
IN THIS ARTICLE
To start inspecting images, choose one of the following methods:
- In the Layers tab of the left side navigation menu, click an image in the Camera Layer.
- In the 2D view, click on a 2D camera icon.
- In the 3D view, click on a 3D camera icon
The Image viewer opens on the right. The image enlarged at the top of the viewer is the one that has been clicked or whose camera icon has been clicked. The rest of the images appear as miniatures in the carousel at the bottom of the viewer.
The image can be browsed by:
- Clicking the arrows shown on the enlarged image.
- Using the left and right arrows on the keyboard.
- Using the scroll bar under the carousel and clicking on a different image.
- Clicking a different image in the Camera Layer in the Layers tab of the left side navigation menu.
- Clicking a different 2D camera icon in the 2D view.
- Clicking a different 3D camera icon in the 3D view.
- Clicking on the point cloud in the 3D view. This will automatically select the best image that contains the selected point.
To annotate an image:
- Choose the image to annotate, by using one of the above methods or by picking the image miniature from the carousel.
- Click Add annotation to start using the Image annotation tool. The icon turns blue and the cursor becomes a cross when in the editing mode.
- Add a rectangular box to highlight features on a specific image: start drawing from the central point of the item that is being annotated and drag the cursor to adjust the dimension of the annotation box. When drawn, the Image annotation details panel opens.
- Add the details of the image annotation:
- Add external link: the user can click on icon and attach as many as needed links to an annotation. While adding them, the URL field is mandatory, and the description is optional. The external links are included within its annotation in the JSON report and the PDF report. In the PDF, the user can click on it, and a browser will display the URL.
- Manually add 3D point: By default, the 3D point marker is added at the center of the annotation. If the marker is not created, the user can also click on icon and manually add it. The 3D point represents the location of the selected point in the point cloud. The color of 3D point marker will be the same as the annotation's severity color. This 3D point information is also automatically added to the JSON and PDf reports for each annotation.
- Delete annotation: the user can click on the icon and delete the annotation.
- Annotation type: the user can insert any value. Uncategorized is the default type. The inserted types are remembered for future annotations of the user.
- Severity level: choose a severity level from 1 to 5 (green to red from the lowest to the highest) or an undefined level (?). Undefined is the default severity level.
- (Optional) Description: comments or further descriptions can be added in this field.
- 3D location coordinates: it displays the coordinates of the 3D point of the annotation. The coordinates can be removed by clicking on the cross icon.
- External links: it displays all the links added to the image. External links can’t be edited but can be removed by hovering over the desired one and clicking on the cross icon. You can also click on the URL, and it opens in a new browser tab.
The content of the details is automatically saved when drawing the box. Once drawn, the image annotation cannot be moved. Delete it and draw a new one if needed. A circle now appears in the image miniature in the carousel. The circle is filled with:
- The color corresponding to the severity level of the created image annotation.
- The number of image annotations with the same severity level in the same image.
To delete an image annotation:
- In the Image viewer, enlarge the image with the image annotation that has to be deleted.
- Ensure the editing mode is off: the icon Image annotation tool icon is black and the cursor is not a cross.
- Click the box of the image annotation that has to be deleted.
- In the Image annotation details panel, click Delete annotation.
An image can be marked as reviewed.
To mark an image as reviewed:
- Choose the image to mark, by using one of the above methods or by picking the image miniature from the carousel.
- At the top left of the Image viewer, tick the checkbox Reviewed.
The image miniature in the carousel now shows the Reviewed tag.
Image annotations are included in the reports that can be exported from Pix4Dinspect. More information in: Reports.
Link the 3D view with the Image viewer
The Image viewer is by default linked to the 3D view. This means that, when browsing the images:
- If in the 3D view, the 3D view is aligned with the view of the camera that is selected in the Image viewer.
At the top of the Image viewer, click to toggle the link with the camera view. This will auto orient the point cloud with the currently selected camera orientation.