Prior to any flights
- Pix4Dscan is compatible with the drone and camera: Supported drones, cameras and controllers - Pix4Dscan.
- The latest version of Pix4Dscan is installed on the tablet/mobile device.
- The latest drone firmware is installed.
- The area to fly is not a no-fly zone.
- The drone's SD card is correctly formatted and has enough space to store images.
- The drone manufacturer's app is not running in the background. Force quit if necessary: How to force quit Pix4Dscan.
- The correct drone is selected in the Dashboard. If already in the Flight view or Map view, force quit the app and open it again to access the Dashboard.
Using the drone manufacturer's app
- The drone's camera and compass are calibrated.
- No flight setting conflicts with the mission, including maximum altitude, beginner mode, geofences, etc...
- The drone's fail-safe settings are configured so the drone will return home safely.
- Basic features are working properly:
- Manual takeoff and flying.
- Live video feed of the camera.
- Manual picture triggering.
If the app cannot connect to the drone, a takeoff checklist item fails, or something went wrong during the mission:
- Force quit Pix4Dscan and reopen it: How to force quit Pix4Dscan.
- Restart your flight from scratch. To do so, close and force quit the app, disconnect the cable from the mobile device, turn off the remote controller and the drone. Then switch on the drone and the controller, reconnect the USB cable and open Pix4Dscan.
- If possible, try another iOS device.
- If possible, try another drone.
- Try another USB cable.