|Previous | Next|
This article describes how to read the antenna details that are extracted by the automatic antenna recognition algorithm, how to add additional information and how to use this piece of knowledge for collaboration.
IN THIS ARTICLE
To start using the Antenna tool, choose one of the following methods:
- In the Layers tab of the left side navigation menu, click on an antenna of the Inventory Layer.
- In the 3D view, click on a recognized antenna.
The Antenna viewer opens on the right. The images shown belong to the Orbit Underneath sub-missions of Pix4Dscan from which the antenna was reconstructed and identified. If the dataset was not acquired with Pix4Dscan, the images shown are generically only those that have a positive gimbal pitch angle.
Information about recognized antennas is shown on the Antenna Card.
The Antenna Card contains the information that is computed via the Automatic antennas recognition algorithm and some additional end-user editable fields. In particular, it contains:
- Automatic recognition data:
- Antenna type
- Altitude (CL)
A detailed explanation of the AI recognized antenna details is available at: AI recognition of antennas.
- End-user editable fields:
- Model name
- Frequencies: multiple selection field.
- Antenna is on. When the antenna is marked as on, the antenna has a green color in the 3D view. When marked as off, it has an orange color in the 3D view.
The content of the antenna details is automatically saved when added to the editable fields.
An image can be marked as the best-fit image for a specific antenna, in the sense that the best-fit image is the most representative and contains the highest amount of information for antenna inspection purposes.
To mark an image as best fit:
- In the Antenna viewer, pick the image considered as the best fit from the proposed ones.
- Change the zoom level of the image.
- Click .
The image miniature in the carousel now shows the Best fit icon. The best fit image will be added to the reports with the zoom level and image framing that were active when clicking the star icon.
Antennas' details are included in the reports that can be exported from Pix4Dinspect.
How to browse images
In the Antenna viewer, images can be browsed by:
- Clicking the arrows shown on the enlarged image.
- Using the left and right arrows on the keyboard.
- Using the scroll bar under the carousel and clicking on a different image.