IN THIS ARTICLE
Why connect Pix4Dfields with John Deere Operations Center?
Which layers can be uploaded to the John Deere Operations Center?
How to connect to John Deere Operations Center using Pix4Dfields?
Essential tools from John Deere Operations Center
As a Pix4Dfields user, you can connect a John Deere Operations Center account with Pix4Dfields so that you can seamlessly upload the maps directly into your farm/field operation. Connecting to a farm management system allows you to further utilize data and visualize it next to your other layers of information (yield maps, soil maps) so that you can make more informed decisions. It can also aid in the transfer of prescription files to machines in the field.
Othomosaics, reflectance maps, vegetation indices, zonation, and prescription maps can be uploaded to the John Deere Operations Center.
1. Open MyJohnDeere account here.
2. Go to the Operation Center here.
3. Give your organization a name.
4. Click LET ME IN!
5. Accept terms and conditions, and click CONTINUE.
6. Open Pix4Dfields.
7. Go to the SETTINGS and activate Data Synchronization. To learn more about Data Synchronization here.
8. Upload the project using Data sync.
9. Open the project that contains the layers to export to the Operation Center.
10. Click the EXPORT button at the top right corner of the dashboard.
11. Click Farm Management System.
12. Click Manage Third-Party Connections.
13. Install John Deere Operations Center by clicking connect:
14. Click ALLOW to connect Pix4Dfields with your John Deere account.
15. Go Back to the Pix4Dfields Desktop application.
16. Click Refresh connection.
17. Bellow Farm Management System, select John Deere.
18. Select your Organization, Farm, and Field, which has been specified in the John Deere Operation Center.
19. Bellow Map Layer Summary, give the new upload group of layers a name: This is the group layer summary name, with this name you will be able to browse the uploaded layer of this operation in the My John Deere field analyzer.
20. Click Continue.
21. Select the layers to export
22. Click Export.
The maps that have been uploaded through Pix4Dfields will be displayed here. Click on the Fields button into John Deere Operation Center to see your field.
To see which files have been uploaded to John Deere Center using the Files API, please check here.
The Field Analyzer allows you to evaluate operational layers individually, compare the performance of the field during different years, and access to agronomic information. For more information: here.