|Previous | Next|
IN THIS ARTICLE
The Measure tool is used to measure distances or areas. Measurements are temporary until saved as a permanent annotation. Once saved as an annotation it can be exported as GeoJSON, KML, or Shapefile.
To create measurements:
- Click the Measure or Annotation tool.
- Select one of the following markers:
- Line: Shows the length (m/ft).
- Area: Shows the surface (ha/ac).
- Left-click to start the drawing of the object in the map view.
- Click the check () to end the drawing.
- (Measurements can be saved only as annotations) Enter a Title and Description and click CREATE.
- Click the annotation symbol
- Find the annotation at the left bottom of the window.
- Select the annotation to edit
- Toggle on the Edit function (at the bottom right of the window).
- Click the “plus” sign to create more corners or vertices.
- To remove a vertex, drag the dot of the vertex on top of another dot.
- Wait until a red halo appears around the selected vertex then release the mouse button.
- (For polygons) Move the whole polygon by clicking the multi-directional arrow in the center and dragging it.
Article feedback (for troubleshooting, post here instead)