The Overlay tool allows to easily import and overlay design plans and maps on 2D orthomosaics in Pix4Dbim Cloud. With the Overlay tool you can quickly compare the as-built with the as-designed to easily check progress and identify as-built errors.
To use the Overlay tool
1. In the 2D view, in the Overlays section of the left panel, click ADD OVERLAY.
2. An upload wizard opens. To upload a file either select UPLOAD FILE and browse to the file or drag and drop the file into the upload box.
3. After uploading, a preview of the file is displayed. Click NEXT to continue.
4. Define two points of reference on your plan placing the blue and red markers on the image.
To place markers more precisely or check the markers' placement:
- Zoom in by scrolling the mouse scroll wheel forwards.
- Zoom out by scrolling the mouse scroll wheel backward.
- Pan by clicking the mouse left button.
5. Once the two markers are identified, select NEXT to align the uploaded file on the 2D map.
6. Align the imported Overlay by dragging the two markers to the same points of reference on the 2D orthomosaic. Match red to red and blue to blue.
It is also possible to manually edit the coordinates of the markers using the Site system coordinates of each marker.
7. Once each marker is in the correct position, select COMPLETE to finalize the Overlay process and to return to the project page.
8. The imported Overlay appears in the Overlays section on the left panel. It may take a few minutes to process.
(Optional) 9. Existing Overlays can be re-positioned or replaced by clicking the pen icon next to them in the left panel.
(Optional) 10. The Overlay name can be changed, descriptions and tags can be added to the layer and its opacity adjusted. These changes won't be reflected on the other datasets of the Site.
(Optional) 11. Multiple Overlays can be added to the same Site. To do so, select ADD OVERLAY and repeat from step 1.