The Overlay tool allows the user to easily import and overlay design plans and maps on 2D orthomosaics in PIX4Dcloud Advanced. With the Overlay tool, the as-built can be quickly compared with the as-designed to easily check progress and identify as-built errors.
How to use the CAD Overlay tool
1. On the left panel, in correspondence with the Overlays layer, click .
2. The wizard Import overlay opens. To upload a file either select Upload file and browse to the file or drag and drop the file.
3. (Optional) If required, the uploaded file can be replaced by selecting Replace file.
4. A preview of the file is displayed.
5. Click Next to continue.
6. Define two points of reference on your plan, placing the blue and red markers on the image by drag-and-drop. To place markers more precisely or check the markers' placement:
- Zoom in by scrolling the mouse scroll wheel forwards.
- Zoom out by scrolling the mouse scroll wheel backward.
- Pan by holding down the mouse left button.
7. Once the two markers are identified, select Next to align the uploaded file on the 2D map.
8. Align the imported Overlay by dragging the two markers to the same points of reference on the 2D orthomosaic. Match red to red and blue to blue.
Alternatively, manually edit the coordinates of the markers adjusting their values in the Markers coordinates.
9. Once each marker is in the correct position, select Complete to finalize the Overlay process and to return to the project page.
10. The imported Overlay appears on the left panel, within the Overlays layer. It may take a few minutes to process.
11. (Optional) Existing Overlays can be re-positioned or replaced by clicking next to them on the left panel.
12. (Optional) The Overlay name can be changed, descriptions and tags can be added to the layer and its opacity adjusted. These changes won't be reflected in the other datasets of the Site.
13. (Optional) Multiple Overlays can be added to the same Site. To do so, repeat from step 1.