|Previous | Next|
IN THIS ARTICLE
To import field boundaries as shapefile or GeoJSON:
- Click the Boundaries layer on the left sidebar above the layer list to enter the boundaries mode.
- To import a field boundary, click the on the right board BOUNDARIES on Import shape.
- Navigate to the folder containing the file and select it.
- Click Open.
- To trim a layer with your boundary: Click Use to trim in the open edit dialogue of the boundary on the map or click trim on the selected boundary list item on the right board.
- In the TRIM LAYERS menu select the layers you want to trim and click Trim to do so.
To draw a custom polygon field boundary:
- Click the Boundaries layer on the left board above the layer list to enter the boundaries mode.
- To draw a field boundary, click the CREATE BOUNDARY icon in the left corner of the map.
- Left-click to start drawing.
- Click Accept to finish the draw.
- Name your newly created boundary.
- To trim: You can use the boundary immediately to trim directly from the edit dialogue. Just click Use to trim (the boundary will be saved automatically) and you enter the TRIM LAYER mode.
If you want to trim later, save manually and then select the boundary in the list on the right board and click the Trim-button to enter the TRIM LAYER mode.
To reuse (duplicate) a field boundary:
- Select the boundary you want to duplicate in the list on the right board BOUNDARIES and click the duplicate icon.
- A new field boundary is duplicated and appears automatically in edit mode. The original boundary you duplicated from stays untouched.
To trim layers with an imported shapefile, GeoJSON or custom drawn field boundary:
- Double-click the boundary you want to use to trim in the boundary list on the right board. The edit dialogue opens. Then click the Use to trim button OR Select the layer you want to use to trim in the boundary list and click the Trim button.
- The TRIM LAYERS menu opens. Select the layers you want to trim and click Trim to do so.
To edit field boundaries:
- Double click the boundary you want to edit in the list on the right board. Or click the edit icon next to the boundary you want to edit in the list on the right board.
- Click the edit geometry button in the opened edit dialogue.
- Drag the white dots to modify the field boundary.
- Click the "plus" sign to create more corners (dots) and vertices.
- To remove a vertex, drag the dot of the vertex that you would like to delete on top of any other dot. Wait until a red halo appears around the selected vertex then release the mouse button.
- Click the check mark to accept the edited boundary’s geometry or click the X to cancel and leave the boundary unchanged.
- Save the edited boundary with the Save button.
To delete field boundaries:
Click the trash bin icon next to the boundary you want to delete in the list on the right board. Or click the trash bin in the opened edit dialog of the boundary you want to delete.
Even when the boundary layer is not selected, you still can turn the boundary visibility on and off. To do so click the eye icon on the boundary layer item on the left sidebar.