Step 3. DSM and Orthomosaic takes too long on machines with Quadro GPUs.
The substeps of loading the dense point cloud and generating the DSM take much longer than expected.
This issue is related to the driver of the Quadro GPU and the options selected for the graphics processor.
A. Ensure that the latest driver is installed. Download the latest driver from here: http://www.nvidia.com.
B. Change the options selected for the graphics processor:
1. Use the Search Windows to open the Control Panel.
2. In the Control Panel window select Hardware and Sound and then click NVIDIA Control Panel.
3. In the NVIDIA Control Panel window, in the section 3D Settings, click Manage 3D settings.
4. Under Global Settings select 3D App Game Development from the drop-down list.
5. Click Apply.
6. Re-process step 3. DSM, Orthomosaic and Index.
Article feedback (for troubleshooting, post here instead)
In regards to the GPU, what is Pix4D preffered option? Nvidia Quadro as first preference or GeForce GTX ?
We recommend using GeForce GPU because they are usually cheaper with regards to the performances in comparison with other graphics cards such as Quadro for example. We are mostly using GeForce GPU on our machines here, but we also have a couple of Quadro for testing.
Please have a look at some hardware recommendations hardware case study
For more information about the use of GPU in Pix4Dmapper check use of the GPU in Pix4Dmapper
However, whatever graphics card you use, make sure the latest drivers are installed. NVIDIA Driver Downloads