To share the KML file, it is needed to share both the KML file and the tiles of the different zoom levels stored in folders. If only the KML file is shared, Google Earth will focus on the area, but the tiles will not be loaded. In order to share KML file and all zoom levels, it is convenient to create a KMZ file: a compressed version of the KML file. The KMZ file contains all the tiles and coordinate information needed to load the file.
There are several ways to generate KMZ file:
A. Using Google Earth:
1. Open the KML file in Google Earth.
2. Click File > Save > Save Place As.
3. In the Save File pop-up that appears, select the file name and the directory where the output will be saved.
4. In the Save as Type field, select KMZ.
5. Click Save.
B. Using File Explorer:
1. Select KML file and tile folders (project_name\3_dsm_ortho\2_mosaic\google_tiles).
2. Right mouse click Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder.
3. When the compressed (ZIP) folder is created, change the file extension from ZIP to KMZ.
C. Using external GIS software like Global Mapper:
1. Import orthomosaic in Global Mapper.
2. Click File > Export > Export Web Format > KML/KMZ (Any Data as Images). A kml file will be generated that does not require any sub-folder.