To share the KML file, it is needed to share both the KML file and the tiles of the different zoom levels stored in folders. If only the KML file is shared, Google Earth will focus on the area, but the tiles will not be loaded. In order to share KML file and all zoom levels, it is convenient to create a KMZ file: a compressed version of the KML file. The KMZ file contains all the tiles and coordinate information needed to load the file.
There are several ways to generate KMZ file:
A. Using File Explorer:
1. Select the google_tiles folder in project_name\3_dsm_ortho\2_mosaic.
2. Right-click on the folder and click Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder.
3. Share the compressed folder google_tiles.zip.
B. Using external GIS software like Global Mapper:
1. Import orthomosaic in Global Mapper.
2. Click File > Export > Export Web Format > KML/KMZ (Any Data as Images). A kml file will be generated that does not require any sub-folder.