IN THIS ARTICLE
I don't have access to Pix4Dcloud, how can I buy a subscription?
How many images can I process / How many projects can I create?
How can I buy more projects or increase my image allowance?
What happened to my old Pix4Dbim, Pix4Dmodel, Pix4Dfields and Pix4Dmapper Cloud apps and projects?
How to try Pix4Dcloud Advanced?
How to process a project on Pix4Dcloud?
What are the differences between Pix4Dmapper desktop and Pix4Dcloud?
Which version is used to process on Pix4Dcloud?
Can the Pix4Dcloud results be shared?
Can a project that was processed on Pix4DCloud be downloaded?
Which processing options are used when processing on the Cloud?
Can a processing area be used on Pix4Dcloud?
Can GCPs be used on Pix4Dcloud?
Can a project without image geolocation be processed on Pix4Dcloud?
What is the output coordinate system of a project that is processed on Pix4Dcloud?
How to change the unit for measurements?
Are my data protected?
Where are my datasets processed and stored?
What happens to the Pix4Dcloud projects when the license expires?
Which internet browsers and operating systems support Pix4Dcloud?
How to cancel the subscription plan?
Where can I submit the product feedback and feature requests?
The best way to acquire a Pix4Dcloud or Pix4Dcloud Advanced subscription is to buy it online from the Pix4D store.
If you are a Pix4D customer, once logged in, you can add it to your plan at Manage my subscription plan, by selecting Pix4Dcloud or Pix4Dcloud Advanced and the desired Small, Medium or Large allowance.
The number of images that can be processed and projects that can be created (allowance) using Pix4Dcloud or Pix4Dcloud Advanced depends on the subscription terms, duration, and the selected allowance:
- Trial users can process up to 1,000 images or create up to 3 new projects during the 15-day trial period.
- Pix4Dcloud and Pix4Dcloud Advanced Monthly billing subscribers with the default (Small ) allowance can process up to 2,500 images per month or create up to 20 new projects per month.
- Pix4Dcloud and Pix4Dcloud Advanced Yearly billing subscribers with the default (Small ) allowance can process up to 30,000 images per year or create up to 240 new projects per year (up to 4,000 images per single project).
Pix4Dcloud and Pix4Dcloud Advanced subscribers have access to three standard allowance options:
- Small: 2,500 images per month or 20 projects per month.
- Medium: 5,000 images per month or 40 projects per month (up to 4,000 images per single project).
- Large: 10,000 images per month and unlimited number of projects (up to 4,000 images per single project).
During the trial period, you can extend the processing limitations by purchasing a Pix4Dcloud or Pix4Dcloud Advanced license from the Pix4D store.
If you already have a subscription plan, you can upgrade from Small and Medium to Medium and Large allowances by upgrading your plan directly at Manage my subscription plan.
All the information on the last changes of June 9th, 2020 in Changes in Pix4Dbim, Pix4Dmodel, Pix4Dfields and Pix4Dmapper licenses (June 9, 2020) - FAQ .
To try Pix4Dcloud Advanced: Pix4Dcloud Advanced trial.
To process a project on the Pix4Dcloud, there are two alternatives:
- Create a project by importing the images using the Pix4Dcloud web uploader. For more information: New dataset.
- Upload an existing project from Pix4Dmapper (processed locally on a computer or not): For more information: How to upload project files from Pix4Dmapper to Pix4Dcloud.
Pix4Dmapper desktop enables users to have full control of their project: adding Ground Control Points (GCPs) and Manual Tie Points (MTPs), editing the densified point cloud, and changing many more settings which can improve the final results.
Pix4Dcloud also allows to achieve high-quality results, however, for user convenience, projects are processed using default templates. Pix4Dcloud is the easiest way to share a project online with just a link and to do some simple but practical analysis.
Pix4Dcloud runs the latest stable Pix4Dmapper version for processing, not the preview (download link).
Yes, the results can be shared. More information in: Share.
The input images and outputs (complete set or specific files) can be downloaded directly from Pix4Dcloud.
The images and the .p4d file can be downloaded using Pix4Dmapper: How to download / open a previously uploaded project.
The results folder can be downloaded from Pix4Dcloud: How to download results from Pix4Dcloud.
A processing area can be used for processing on Pix4Dcloud. However, the processing area should be drawn using Pix4Dmapper beforehand:
1. After installing Pix4Dmapper (download link), create a new project from the images. For more information: Step 2. Creating a Project. Alternatively, if the project was previously processed on Pix4Dcloud, it is possible to download the project. For more information: How to download results from Pix4Dcloud.
2. Create a processing area. For more information: How to use a processing area in Pix4Dmapper Desktop.
3. Upload the project with the processing area from Pix4Dmapper to Pix4Dcloud. For more information: How to upload project files from Pix4Dmapper to Pix4Dcloud.
Projects without image geolocation can be processed on Pix4Dcloud. However, the orthomosaic generated might not be correctly oriented.
- Projects without image geolocation that are processed on Pix4Dcloud will be in an arbitrary coordinate system.
- Projects with image geolocation will have as output coordinate system the same as the one defined by the image geolocation. If the image geolocation is in a geographic coordinate system, the output coordinate system will be the corresponding projected coordinate system in UTM zone.
- If a project is uploaded from Pix4Dmapper, then the output coordinate system will be the one selected in Pix4Dmapper.
- For Pix4Dcloud Advanced projects that have GCPs via the GCP autodetection functionality, the output coordinate system will be the one of the GCPs. For more information: How to use the GCP autodetection functionality on Pix4Dcloud Advanced.
- A full description of coordinates systems on Pix4dcloud in Georeferencing of datasets, outputs and annotations on Pix4Dcloud.
Pix4Dcloud measurements calculated on results are displayed in metric or imperial units. To change the unit system:
1. Go to the home page of Pix4Dcloud. Click the username and select Account settings.
2. In the panel Solution preference, select the measurement unit.
A cluster of servers is assigned to each account for processing and storing. This cluster can be changed in the Account Settings. More information in Where are my datasets processed and stored.
For more information: Retention policy of Pix4Dcloud projects.
The following browsers are officially supported for Pix4Dcloud on Windows 10+ and MacOS:
- Chrome (latest version)
- Firefox (latest version)
- Microsoft Edge (latest version)
- Internet Explorer 11 (partially supported, more here: Output is not displayed / feature is missing on Pix4Dcloud)
- Safari (latest version)
The subscription plan can be canceled anytime. For more information: How to cancel the subscription plan.
Help us understand what you need most by sharing your use case and upvote other users' feedback on the Pix4D Community.