IN THIS ARTICLE
What is PIX4Dcloud?
What are the differences between PIX4Dmapper and PIX4Dcloud?
What are the differences between PIX4Dcloud and PIX4Dcloud Advanced?
License / Subscription
How to try PIX4Dcloud Advanced?
I don't have access to PIX4Dcloud, how can I buy a subscription?
How many images can I process / How many projects can I create?
How can I buy more projects or increase my image allowance?
How to cancel the subscription plan?
Which internet browsers and operating systems are supported by PIX4Dcloud?
What are the hardware and software requirements to use PIX4Dcloud?
I am using a proxy, a firewall. How should I configure them?
How to download PIX4Dcloud?
Inputs and outputs
What are the inputs and outputs of PIX4Dcloud?
What is the highest number of images that can be processed with PIX4Dcloud?
Can I use PIX4Dcloud to upload local results?
Can a project that was processed on PIX4Dcloud be downloaded?
How to process images on PIX4Dcloud?
Which processing options are used when processing on PIX4Dcloud?
Can the PIX4Dcloud results be shared?
Which analysis can I perform on PIX4Dcloud?
Can GCPs be used on PIX4Dcloud?
Can a processing area be used on PIX4Dcloud?
Can a project without image geolocation be processed on PIX4Dcloud?
What is the output coordinate system of a project that is processed on PIX4Dcloud?
How to change the unit for measurements?
In which languages is the app available?
Is my data protected?
Where are my datasets processed and stored?
What happens to the PIX4Dcloud projects when the license expires?
Where can I submit the product feedback and feature requests?
How can I get technical support for PIX4Dcloud and PIX4Dcloud Advanced?
PIX4Dcloud is a cloud-based product for drone mapping, instant analysis, progress tracking, and site documentation. A platform for easy-to-share 2D and 3D models to enhance collaboration. For more information visit the Pix4D website.
PIX4Dmapper enables you to have full control of your project: adding Ground Control Points (GCPs) and Manual Tie Points (MTPs), editing the densified point cloud, and changing many more settings which can improve the final results.
PIX4Dcloud also allows to achieve high-quality results but lets the user choose among a predefined set of processing templates. PIX4Dcloud is the easiest way to share a project online with just a link and to do some simple but practical analysis.
PIX4Dcloud Advanced has all the PIX4Dcloud functionalities but also allows the user to group and visualize site projects in a timeline, add control points without any need to mark them, add design maps and plans, compare two days and perform volume comparisons. Read more in this section.
Demo projects are available at https://www.cloud.pix4d.com/demo without the need of a Pix4D account or a valid license/subscription. You can also download real photogrammetry data choosing from our online Example projects.
To try processing your own datasets on PIX4Dcloud Advanced, follow the instructions to get a PIX4Dcloud Advanced trial.
The best way to acquire a PIX4Dcloud or PIX4Dcloud Advanced subscription is to buy it online from the Pix4D store.
If you are a Pix4D customer, once logged in, you can add it to your plan at Manage my subscription plan, by selecting PIX4Dcloud or PIX4Dcloud Advanced and the desired Small, Medium or Large allowance.
The number of images that can be processed and projects that can be created (allowance) using PIX4Dcloud or PIX4Dcloud Advanced depends on the subscription terms, duration, and the selected allowance:
- PIX4Dcloud Advanced trial users can process up to 1,000 images or create up to 3 new projects during the 15-day trial period.
- PIX4Dcloud and PIX4Dcloud Advanced Monthly billing subscribers with the default (Small ) allowance can process up to 2,500 images per month or create up to 20 new projects per month.
- PIX4Dcloud and PIX4Dcloud Advanced Yearly billing subscribers with the default (Small ) allowance can process up to 30,000 images per year or create up to 240 new projects per year (up to 4,000 images per single project).
PIX4Dcloud and PIX4Dcloud Advanced subscribers have access to three standard allowance options:
- Small: 2,500 images per month or 20 projects per month.
- Medium: 5,000 images per month or 40 projects per month (up to 4,000 images per single project).
- Large: 10,000 images per month and unlimited number of projects (up to 4,000 images per single project).
During the trial period, you can extend the processing limitations by purchasing a PIX4Dcloud or PIX4Dcloud Advanced license from the Pix4D store.
If you already have a subscription plan, you can upgrade from Small and Medium to Medium and Large allowances by upgrading your plan directly at Manage my subscription plan.
The subscription plan can be canceled anytime. Learn how at How to cancel the subscription plan.
The following browsers are officially supported for PIX4Dcloud on Windows 10+ and MacOS:
- Chrome (latest version)
- Firefox (latest version)
- Microsoft Edge (latest version)
- Internet Explorer 11 (partially supported, more here: Output is not displayed / feature is missing on PIX4Dcloud)
- Safari (latest version)
As a cloud product, there are no specific requirements in terms of RAM, CPU, GPU for processing and disk space for storing the data. However, ensure that:
- Your GPU driver is updated.
- Your browser is updated.
- You have a good internet connection.
If a proxy server is used or a firewall exists, some exceptions should be added. Read more at Proxy / firewall configuration when working with PIX4Dcloud.
There is no need to download any application. Simply go to https://www.cloud.pix4d.com and start exploring the product.
Inputs of a PIX4Dcloud project can be:
- Images for processing and visualization
- Uploaded results for visualization
Inputs of a PIX4Dcloud Advanced project can be:
- Images for processing and visualization
- Uploaded results for visualization
- Ground control points (GCPs) or Checkpoints (CPs)
The full list of input files is available here: Inputs.
Once processed, it is possible to visualize and export primarily a dense point cloud, a 3D Textured Mesh, a DSM, an orthomosaic, an NDVI map, and user-created annotations. By coupling PIX4Dmapper with PIX4Dcloud or PIX4Dcloud Advanced, additional outputs can be generated.
The full list of output files is available here: Outputs.
In the first place, a project cannot consist of a number of images that is higher than the allowed one, that depends on the purchased license / active subscription.
PIX4Dcloud can process datasets with up to 4000 images for an optimal experience with our servers. The success of a project with a certain number of images also depends on the characteristics of the project, the processing options and the required outputs. More information at: How many images can PIX4Dcloud process?.
Yes, outputs generated in other Pix4D or third-party applications can be uploaded as results and shared. More information at How to upload results and outputs to PIX4Dcloud.
The input images and outputs (complete set or specific files) can be downloaded directly from the Files section of the project on PIX4Dcloud. For more information: How to download the results from PIX4Dcloud.
The images and the .p4d file can also be downloaded using PIX4Dmapper: How to download / open a previously uploaded project.
To process images on PIX4Dcloud, you can create a project by importing the images directly on PIX4Dcloud. For step-by-step instructions: New dataset.
There are also other alternatives if you are using other Pix4D products for custom processing or image acquisition:
- Upload an existing project from PIX4Dmapper (processed locally on a computer or not). For more information: How to upload project files from PIX4Dmapper to PIX4Dcloud.
- Upload images from Pix4Dcapture. For more information: Pix4Dcapture - Getting Started.
- Upload images from Pix4Dcatch. Fore more information: Pix4Dcatch - (Android, iOS) Getting started.
A processing template is selectable from a pre-defined set of templates when creating a new dataset on PIX4Dcloud/PIX4Dcloud Advanced. More information on processing options in What are the templates and processing options applied to PIX4Dcloud?
Yes, the results can be shared for visualization with clients or collaborators that do not have a PIX4Dcloud license or a Pix4D account. More information in: Share.
You can measure distances, areas, and volumes, add markers, calculate elevation profiles and perform inspections from images. For more information: 2D/3D tools and annotations.
On top of that, with PIX4Dcloud Advanced you can perform volume and 2D comparisons to monitor volume changes and site progress. With the Overlay tool you can compare the as-built with the as-designed to instantly verify schedules and spot errors. More information about the PIX4Dcloud Advanced functionalities here.
GCPs can be used on PIX4Dcloud if combined with PIX4Dmapper. More information in How to use GCPs for processing on PIX4Dcloud.
GCPs can be used directly on PIX4Dcloud Advanced. More information on the requirements and the functionality at How to use the AutoGCPs detection functionality on PIX4Dcloud Advanced.
A processing area can be used for processing on PIX4Dcloud if combined with PIX4Dmapper. The processing area should be drawn using PIX4Dmapper beforehand:
1. After installing PIX4Dmapper (download link), create a new project from the images. For more information: Step 2. Creating a Project. Alternatively, if the project was previously processed on PIX4Dcloud, it is possible to download the project. For more information: How to download results from PIX4Dcloud.
2. Create a processing area. For more information: How to use a processing area in PIX4Dmapper.
3. Upload the project with the processing area from PIX4Dmapper to PIX4Dcloud. For more information: How to upload project files from PIX4Dmapper to PIX4Dcloud.
Projects without image geolocation can be processed on PIX4Dcloud. However, you won't be able to use the AutoGCPs functionality and measurements will be inaccurate.
- Projects without image geolocation that are processed on PIX4Dcloud will be in an arbitrary coordinate system.
- Projects with image geolocation will have as output coordinate system the same as the one defined by the image geolocation. If the image geolocation is in a geographic coordinate system, the output coordinate system will be the corresponding projected coordinate system in the UTM zone.
- If a project is uploaded from PIX4Dmapper, then the output coordinate system will be the output one selected in PIX4Dmapper.
- For PIX4Dcloud Advanced projects that have GCPs via the AutoGCPs detection functionality, the output coordinate system will be the GCP coordinate system. For more information: How to use the AutoGCPs detection functionality on PIX4Dcloud Advanced.
- A full description of coordinates systems on PIX4Dcloud in Georeferencing of datasets, outputs and annotations on PIX4Dcloud.
The PIX4Dcloud measurements calculated on the results are displayed in metric or imperial unit, according to the preferred option specified by the user. To change the unit system:
1. Go to PIX4Dcloud.
2. Click Log in.
3. Click the username and select Account settings.
4. In the panel Solution preference, select the measurement unit.
Changes are automatically saved and the selected unit will be the default unit displayed for the projects of the Pix4D account.
The unit selector in the lower left corner bar also allows to select the unit in which the current project measurements are displayed. Editing the measurement unit from the unit selector does not affect the preferred user measurement unit. More information in Units display in PIX4Dcloud / Advanced.
PIX4Dcloud and PIX4Dcloud Advanced are available in English, Italian, Japanese, Korean and Spanish. To change the language of the interface, log into PIX4Dcloud. On the top right, click the user icon, then select Language and pick your preferred choice.
A cluster of servers is assigned to each account for processing and storage. This cluster can be changed in the Account Settings. More information in Where are my datasets processed and stored.
Projects are kept on Pix4D servers according to the PIX4Dcloud storage expiration policy.
Help us understand what you need most by sharing your use case and upvote other users' feedback on the Pix4D Community.