IN THIS ARTICLE
I don't have access to Pix4Dcloud, how can I buy a subscription?
How many images can I process / How many projects can I create?
How can I buy more projects or increase my image allowance?
What happened to my old Pix4Dbim, Pix4Dmodel, Pix4Dfields and Pix4Dmapper Cloud apps and projects?
How to try Pix4Dcloud Advanced?
How to process a project on Pix4Dcloud?
What are the differences between Pix4Dmapper and Pix4Dcloud?
What are the differences between Pix4Dcloud and Pix4Dcloud Advanced?
Which Pix4Dmapper version is used to process on Pix4Dcloud?
Can the Pix4Dcloud results be shared?
Can a project that was processed on Pix4Dcloud be downloaded?
Which processing options are used when processing on Pix4Dcloud?
Can a processing area be used on Pix4Dcloud?
Can GCPs be used on Pix4Dcloud?
Can a project without image geolocation be processed on Pix4Dcloud?
What is the output coordinate system of a project that is processed on Pix4Dcloud?
How to change the unit for measurements?
In which languages is the app available?
Are my data protected?
Where are my datasets processed and stored?
What happens to the Pix4Dcloud projects when the license expires?
Which internet browsers and operating systems support Pix4Dcloud?
How to cancel the subscription plan?
Where can I submit the product feedback and feature requests?
How can I get technical support for Pix4Dcloud and Pix4Dcloud Advanced?
The best way to acquire a Pix4Dcloud or Pix4Dcloud Advanced subscription is to buy it online from the Pix4D store.
If you are a Pix4D customer, once logged in, you can add it to your plan at Manage my subscription plan, by selecting Pix4Dcloud or Pix4Dcloud Advanced and the desired Small, Medium or Large allowance.
The number of images that can be processed and projects that can be created (allowance) using Pix4Dcloud or Pix4Dcloud Advanced depends on the subscription terms, duration, and the selected allowance:
- Pix4Dcloud Advanced trial users can process up to 1,000 images or create up to 3 new projects during the 15-day trial period.
- Pix4Dcloud and Pix4Dcloud Advanced Monthly billing subscribers with the default (Small ) allowance can process up to 2,500 images per month or create up to 20 new projects per month.
- Pix4Dcloud and Pix4Dcloud Advanced Yearly billing subscribers with the default (Small ) allowance can process up to 30,000 images per year or create up to 240 new projects per year (up to 4,000 images per single project).
Pix4Dcloud and Pix4Dcloud Advanced subscribers have access to three standard allowance options:
- Small: 2,500 images per month or 20 projects per month.
- Medium: 5,000 images per month or 40 projects per month (up to 4,000 images per single project).
- Large: 10,000 images per month and unlimited number of projects (up to 4,000 images per single project).
During the trial period, you can extend the processing limitations by purchasing a Pix4Dcloud or Pix4Dcloud Advanced license from the Pix4D store.
If you already have a subscription plan, you can upgrade from Small and Medium to Medium and Large allowances by upgrading your plan directly at Manage my subscription plan.
All the information on the last changes of June 9th, 2020 in Changes in Pix4Dbim, Pix4Dmodel, Pix4Dfields and Pix4Dmapper licenses (June 9, 2020) - FAQ .
To try Pix4Dcloud Advanced follow the instructions in Pix4Dcloud Advanced trial.
To process a project on the Pix4Dcloud, there are different alternatives:
- Create a project by importing the images directly on Pix4Dcloud. For step-by-step instructions: New dataset.
- Upload an existing project from Pix4Dmapper (processed locally on a computer or not). For more information: How to upload project files from Pix4Dmapper to Pix4Dcloud.
- Upload images from Pix4Dcapture. For more information: Pix4Dcapture - Getting Started.
- Upload images from Pix4Dcatch. Fore more information: Pix4Dcatch - (Android, iOS) Getting started.
Pix4Dmapper enables users to have full control of their project: adding Ground Control Points (GCPs) and Manual Tie Points (MTPs), editing the densified point cloud, and changing many more settings which can improve the final results.
Pix4Dcloud also allows to achieve high-quality results but lets the user choose among a predefined set of processing templates. Pix4Dcloud is the easiest way to share a project online with just a link and to do some simple but practical analysis.
Pix4Dcloud Advanced has all the Pix4Dcloud functionalities and also allows the user to group and visualize the projects in a timeline, add control points without any need to mark them, add CAD overlays and perform 2D and volume comparisons. Read more in this section.
Pix4Dcloud generally runs the latest stable Pix4Dmapper version for processing, not the preview (download link).
Yes, the results can be shared with clients or collaborators that do not have a Pix4Dcloud license or a Pix4D account. More information in: Share.
The input images and outputs (complete set or specific files) can be downloaded directly from the Files section of the project on Pix4Dcloud.
The results folder can be downloaded from Pix4Dcloud: How to download the results from Pix4Dcloud.
The images and the .p4d file can also be downloaded using Pix4Dmapper: How to download / open a previously uploaded project.
A processing template is selectable from a pre-defined set of templates when creating a new dataset on Pix4Dcloud/Pix4Dcloud Advanced. More information on processing options in What are the templates and processing options applied to Pix4Dcloud?
A processing area can be used for processing on Pix4Dcloud. However, the processing area should be drawn using Pix4Dmapper beforehand:
1. After installing Pix4Dmapper (download link), create a new project from the images. For more information: Step 2. Creating a Project. Alternatively, if the project was previously processed on Pix4Dcloud, it is possible to download the project. For more information: How to download results from Pix4Dcloud.
2. Create a processing area. For more information: How to use a processing area in Pix4Dmapper.
3. Upload the project with the processing area from Pix4Dmapper to Pix4Dcloud. For more information: How to upload project files from Pix4Dmapper to Pix4Dcloud.
GCPs can be used on Pix4Dcloud if combined with Pix4Dmapper. More information in How to use GCPs for processing on Pix4Dcloud.
GCPs can be used directly on Pix4Dcloud Advanced. More information on the requirements and the functionality at How to use the AutoGCPs detection functionality on Pix4Dcloud Advanced.
Projects without image geolocation can be processed on Pix4Dcloud. However, you won't be able to use the AutoGCPs functionality and measurements will be inaccurate.
- Projects without image geolocation that are processed on Pix4Dcloud will be in an arbitrary coordinate system.
- Projects with image geolocation will have as output coordinate system the same as the one defined by the image geolocation. If the image geolocation is in a geographic coordinate system, the output coordinate system will be the corresponding projected coordinate system in the UTM zone.
- If a project is uploaded from Pix4Dmapper, then the output coordinate system will be the output one selected in Pix4Dmapper.
- For Pix4Dcloud Advanced projects that have GCPs via the AutoGCPs detection functionality, the output coordinate system will be the GCP coordinate system. For more information: How to use the AutoGCPs detection functionality on Pix4Dcloud Advanced.
- A full description of coordinates systems on Pix4Dcloud in Georeferencing of datasets, outputs and annotations on Pix4Dcloud.
The Pix4Dcloud measurements calculated on the results are displayed in metric or imperial unit, according to the preferred option specified by the user. To change the unit system:
1. Go to Pix4Dcloud.
2. Click Log in.
3. Click the username and select Account settings.
4. In the panel Solution preference, select the measurement unit.
Changes are automatically saved and the selected unit will be the default unit displayed for the projects of the Pix4D account.
The unit selector in the lower left corner bar also allows to select the unit in which the current project measurements are displayed. Editing the measurement unit from the unit selector does not affect the preferred user measurement unit. More information in Units display in Pix4Dcloud / Advanced.
Pix4Dcloud and Pix4Dcloud Advanced are available in English, Italian, Japanese, Korean and Spanish. To change the language of the interface, log into Pix4Dcloud. On the top right, click the user icon, then select Language and pick your preferred choice.
A cluster of servers is assigned to each account for processing and storage. This cluster can be changed in the Account Settings. More information in Where are my datasets processed and stored.
Projects are kept on Pix4D servers according to the Pix4Dcloud storage expiration policy.
The following browsers are officially supported for Pix4Dcloud on Windows 10+ and MacOS:
- Chrome (latest version)
- Firefox (latest version)
- Microsoft Edge (latest version)
- Internet Explorer 11 (partially supported, more here: Output is not displayed / feature is missing on Pix4Dcloud)
- Safari (latest version)
The subscription plan can be canceled anytime. Learn how at How to cancel the subscription plan.
Help us understand what you need most by sharing your use case and upvote other users' feedback on the Pix4D Community.