- How can a project be processed with Pix4D Cloud?
- What are the differences between Pix4D Desktop and Pix4D Cloud?
- Which processing options are used when processing on the cloud?
- Can the results be shared?
- Which results are shared?
- Can a project that was processed using Pix4D Cloud be downloaded?
- Can a Processing Area be used on the cloud?
- Can GCPs be used on the cloud?
- Can a project without image geolocation be processed on the cloud?
- What is the output coordinate system of a project that is processed on the cloud?
- Is my data protected?
To process a project on the cloud:
1. Log in with Pix4D credentials to this page: cloud.pix4d.com/.
2. Click "+" Upload new dataset on the main window.
3. In the Upload dataset window set the Name of the project and the image Aacquisition date.
4. Drag and drop the images to be uploaded in the Upload images section.
5. (optional) Check the box start processing automatically after all images are uploaded.
6. When the images are uploaded, click Start Processing.
7. An email will be sent automatically as soon as the project is completed.
Pix4D Desktop enables users to have full control of their project, adding GCPs and Manual Tie Points, editing the densified point cloud and changing a lot more settings which can improve the final results.
Pix4D Cloud also allows to achieve high-quality results, however, for user convenience, projects are processed using default templates. Pix4D Cloud is the easiest way to share a project online with just a link and to do some simple but practical analysis.
Full project processing occurs in Pix4D Cloud, but only certain outputs can be visualized depending the selected solution.
When uploading the images on Pix4D Cloud the default Processing Options templates are used:
- Pix4Dmapper: 3D Maps.
- Pix4Dag: Ag RGB, Ag Multispectral.
- Pix4Dmodel: 3D Models.
- Pix4Dbim: 3D Maps.
More information about Processing Options default Templates: 205319155.
Yes, the results can be shared. Access the project and click the Share button on the top right corner. An external link and an HTML embedded link will be created including the annotations and changes that were made.
When using the Share link the 3D Model and Map visualization (based on the valid solution) together with the annotations will be shared. The annotations can be modified in the external link, but the changes will not be saved.
- The input images and outputs (complete set or specific files) can be downloaded directly from Pix4D Cloud: https://cloud.pix4d.com.
- The images and .p4d file can be downloaded using Pix4D Desktop: 205751415.
- The results folder can be downloaded from Pix4D Cloud: 115000707003.
At that moment is not possible to define a processing area on the cloud platform. However, the processing area can be drawn in Pix4D Desktop and afterward the project can be uploaded for processing on the cloud by following the instructions here: 202558589.
At that moment is not possible to use GCPs on the cloud platform. However, GCPs can be imported in Pix4D Desktop by following the instructions here 202560109 and afterward the project can be uploaded for processing on the cloud following the instructions here: 202558589.
Projects without image geolocation can be fully processed on the Cloud. However, the orthomosaic generated might not be correctly oriented.
- Projects without image geolocation that are processed on the cloud will be in an arbitrary coordinate system and thus will not have a map on the background.
- Projects with image geolocation will have as an output coordinate system the same as the image geolocation. If the image geolocation is in a geographic coordinate system, the output coordinate system will be the corresponding UTM zone.
- If a project is uploaded from Pix4D Desktop, then the output coordinate system will be the one selected in Pix4D Desktop.
Yes, the data is protected. For more information, Cloud terms of service can be found here: https://pix4d.com