This section describes how to create and process a project in order to generate a 3D model of a building.
A) Create a new project:
1. Start Pix4Dmapper.
2. On the Menu bar, click Project > New Project....
3. The New Project wizard opens.
4. In Name: Type a name for the project. In this example, type example_spherical.
5. (optional) In Create In: click Browse..., and in the Select Project Location pop-up, navigate to select the folder where the project and results will be stored and click Select Folder.
6. (optional) Select the check box Use As Default Project Location to save all new projects in the selected folder.
7. In the section Project Type, keep selected the default option New Project.
8. Click Next.
The New Project wizard displays the Select Images window.
9. Click Add Directories... and select the images folder to add the images to the project.
10. Click Next.
The New Project wizard displays the Image Properties window. No image geolocation is detected. The camera model is loaded from the camera model database (iSTAR_2.7_10000X5000(RGB)).
The New Project wizard displays the Select Output Coordinate System window. By default the last output coordinate system selected in the software is selected.
12. Select Arbitrary Coordinate System with Unit meters.
13. Click Next.
The New Project wizard displays the Processing Options Template window.
14. Select the 3D Models template.
15. Click Finish to finish the wizard and create the project. The Processing bar opens at the bottom of the main window.
B) Process the project:
1. On the Processing bar, click Start to start the processing.
C) Improve the project:
To improve the results of the Densified Point Cloud and the 3D Textured mesh, the following Processing Options can be selected:
1. On the Menu bar click Process > Processing Options...
2. Select the processing step 1. Initial Processing.
3. Select the tab General.
4. In the section Keypoints Image Scale, select Custom and from the drop down list select 1 (Original Image size).
5. In the Processing Options window click 2. Point Cloud and Mesh.
6. Select the tab Point Cloud.
7. In the Point Cloud Densification section click the drop-down list Image scale and select 1 (Original Image size, Slow) and from the drop-down list Point Density select High (Slow).
8. Click OK.
9. On the Processing bar, click Start to start the processing.