This article details the steps to connect to Parrot Bebop 2 for flying a mission with the app with a Skycontroller.
Connect to the drone via a Skycontroller
More information can be found in the Parrot Skycontroller User Guide if needed. To manually connect the drone via the mobile device (phone/tablets), proceed as follows:
1. Turn the Parrot Skycontroller and Parrot Bebop 2 on.
2. Search for available Wi-Fi networks on the device from the settings.
3. Select the Skycontroller_xxxxx network. Wait for the device to connect to this network. When the connection is complete, a Wi-Fi icon should appear on the status bar of the device.
4. Open FreeFlight Pro.
5. Tap Manager Wi-Fi.
6. Select Parrot Bebop 2 to be connected.
7. On the pop-up that asks to connect the drone, tap OK. A signal tone indicates that the drone is connected to the Skycontroller. The drone's battery LEDs and the Wi-Fi LEDs light up. If the FreeFlight Pro screen does not display the Bebop 2 video feed, tap the icon with three horizontal bars at the top left corner and then select Parrot Bebop 2.
8. Open the app and start planning a mission following the Getting Started.