In aerial oblique or terrestrial projects, part of the images is covered by sky. The sky does not consist of meaningful keypoints; however, it can happen that some of the sky keypoints extracted are matched in the images and reconstructed in the 3D model introducing noise to the model. It is possible to annotate the sky not to take it into account for processing.
To remove the sky from the Point Cloud:
1. Click View > rayCloud.
2. In the section Layers of the left sidebar, select one image that is covered by sky.
3. In the right sidebar, click the Annotation tool button .
4. In Annotate, select Carve.
5. Annotate the sky in the image, following 202560549 (steps 7-13).
6. Repeat steps 2-5:
- If step 2 is already processed, till the sky points are removed from the 3D View of the rayCloud.
- If step 2 is not processed yet, till the sky is annotated in all the images that it appears.
7. Make sure that the Use Annotation box is selected in the Processing Options: 202560549 (step 14).
8. Process step 2. Point Cloud and Mesh to remove the annotated pixels from all the results.