If the project is not complete or the quality of the images is not high, the 3D Textured Mesh generated in Pix4Dmapper may have holes or may not be planar in planar surfaces. It is possible to improve the 3D Textured Mesh by adding surfaces (planar constraint) on a group of points in the point cloud.
This feature can be used on buildings and constructions where natural planes can be found.
Adding a planar constraint can improve and solve issues in the mesh such as:
Improve the planarity of plane surfaces
|Original 3D Textured Mesh||Surfaces with planar constraints||3D Textured Mesh after planar constraints|
|Figure 1. Improve the planarity of the planes|
Fill in holes
|Original 3D Textured Mesh||3D Textured Mesh after planar constraint on the door|
|Figure 2. Fill in holes|
To improve the 3D Textured Mesh:
1. Draw a New Surface on the planar surfaces of the object using the rayCloud: 202560269.
2. In the right sidebar, in the Selection section, select the checkbox Use for DSM and Triangle Mesh. For more information: 202558219.
3. Choose the Orientation method by selecting the checkbox Automatic Orientation.
4. Click Apply.
5. (optional) Add more planar constraints following the steps 1 to 4.
6. On the Menu bar, click Process > Generate 3D Textured Mesh: 202557899.