Because of the sensor's low resolution, we recommend a high overlap (90%) with all thermal dataset. For more information on the optimal flight plan to capture thermal images: 202755349.
1. Create a new project. For more information: 115002472026,
For nadir dataset with accurate image geolocation, select the processing template Thermal Camera.
2. Ensure that the Pixel Size and the Focal Length values are correctly set: in the Main Menu, click Project > Image Properties Editor... and on the section Selected Camera Model, click Edit... For more information: 210140783.
For step by step instructions about how to modify the camera model: 202560169.
3. On the Processing bar, click Start to start the processing. The thermal index map will be generated during Step 3. DSM, Orthomosaic and Index.
To visualize the thermal Index Map in the Index Calculator:
1. Click View > Index Calculator to open the Index Calculator
2. In the section Index Map of the sidebar, select the band containing the thermal data.
3. (optional) In the section Color Map and Prescription of the sidebar, increase the number of classes to 32 and from the drop-down list choose Equal Spacing: 204631495.
To visualize the 3D Textured Mesh in the rayCloud:
1. If you use the Thermal Camera processing template and that the 3D Textured Mesh output is desired, in the Menu bar click Process > Generate 3D Textured Mesh. For more information: 202557899.
2. Click View > rayCloud, to open the rayCloud and load the 3D Textured Mesh by ticking the Triangle Mesh box in the Layers section of the left sidebar. For more information: 202558079.
2. (optional) In the Triangle Meshes layer of the left sidebar, select Display Properties and change the Shader to Thermal.
1. Process Step 1. Initial Processing for the thermal dataset following the instructions above.
2. Process Step 1. Initial Processing for the RGB dataset in another project.
4. Merge the RGB and the thermal projects. For more information about merging project: 202558529.
5. Click Process > Processing Options. In 2. Point Cloud and Mesh, under the tab Advanced, make sure that for the Point Cloud and Mesh Geometry image groups, Thermal IR is unchecked and that group1 is checked. Ensure that for the Mesh Texture image group, Thermal IR is checked and group1 is unchecked. For more information: 204644369.