This article provides step-by-step instructions on how to process using videos in PIX4Dmapper.
PIX4Dmapper can process videos.
These points should be considered when using a video for processing:
- It is suggested to use high-resolution videos because even 4K videos' resolution is only 8 MP. The results may be of lower quality than using images.
- It is possible to use videos with lower resolution, but it is recommended to acquire the video using 4K resolution. Videos with lower resolution can create a model with very low resolution or fail processing.
- When adding the video, it is possible to use the .avi and .mp4 formats.
- Create a project as described in Step 2. Creating a Project but on the window New Project, on the Select Images window click Add Video...
- On the pop-up Select Video, navigate to the video in .avi or .mp4 format and click Open.
- The pop-up Video Extraction Options appears:
- (optional) Select the value that defines the interval at which frames are extracted. By default, the value is set to 1. Below the box, the Number of extracted frames for the selected value is displayed.
- Click OK.
- On the window New Project, at the step of Select Images, click Next.
- Click OK when you see the following message. This is because when using a video, the extracted frames will not have metadata.
- (recommended) Select the camera model. When adding a video for processing, PIX4Dmapper will obtain frames but the EXIF ID cannot be fully extracted. Therefore the camera model cannot be automatically selected, and some default parameters are loaded.
10.1 If the camera model is in the database, select it from the list.
10.2 If the camera model is not in the database, edit the camera model manually.
For more information: How to use the Editing Camera Model Options - PIX4Dmapper.
- Continue the project creation as in Step 2. Creating a Project.