If the images have been acquired with Pix4Dcapture and for any reasons it is not possible to use the Pix4D project file (.p4d file), generated at the end of the mission by the app, the user can still process the images by creating a project from scratch and import them.
To process the images from the drone:
1. Copy the images from the drone to the computer, there are several options:
1.1. (DJI, Solo) Take the SD card of the camera, insert it in an adapter and plug it into your computer.
1.2. (DJI, Solo) Connect the drone to the computer through a USB cable. Make sure the drone is switched on.
1.3 (B2) Connect the drone to the computer through a USB cable or using Wi-Fi. Make sure the drone is switched on. B2 has an internal memory but no SD card.
2. Start Pix4Dmapper.
3. On the Menu bar, click Project > New Project...
4. The New Project wizard opens. If needed, a more detailed procedure can be found here: 202557369. Otherwise, follow the steps below.
5. In Name: Type a name for the project.
6. (optional) In Create in: Click Browse. On the pop-up Select Project Location, navigate to the folder where the project and results will be stored and click Select Folder.
7. Click Next.
8. In the window Select Images, click Add Directories... and browse for the folder containing the images. Click Choose.
9. Click Next.
10. In the window Image Properties, click Next.
11. In the window Select Output Coordinate System, click Next.
12. In the window Processing Options Template, select the appropriate template either 3D Maps or 3D Models.
13. Click Finish to end the wizard.
14. On the Menu bar, click View > Processing. The Processing bar opens on the bottom of the main window.
15. Ensure that 1. Initial Processing is selected and that 2. Point cloud and Mesh and 3. DSM, Orthomosaic and Index are unselected.
16. Click Start.
17. Analyze the results and further process. For more information: 202557339.