In order to draw a New Orthoplane in the rayCloud:
1. On the Menu bar, click View > rayCloud.
2. On the Menu bar, click rayCloud > New Orthoplane.
3. In the 3D View, an Orthoplane box appears beside the mouse. Left click to place the box on a 3D point.
4. Adjust the Orthoplane box so that it is parallel to the object (the facade of a building, the slope of a hill, etc.):
- Drag the arrows of the Orthoplane box to move it and place it at the desired location. Drag the:
- Red arrow to move it towards the X direction.
- Green arrow to move it towards the Y direction.
- Blue arrow to move it towards the Z direction.
Or use the Position (X,Y,Z) options of the right sidebar: 202558219.
Drag the spheres of the Orthoplane box to resize it. Drag the:
- Red sphere to resize the X length.
- Green sphere to resize the Y length.
- Blue sphere to resize the Z length.
Or use the Width, Height, Clipping Distance options of the right sidebar: 202558219.
- Use the Orientation (Yaw, Pitch, Roll) options of the right sidebar to rotate the Orthoplane box: 202558219.
5. (optional) Click Flip to change the orientation and direction of the Orthoplane.
6. (optional) If at least one Surface object is drawn (202560269), click Align to align the Orthoplane with an existing Surface. (Select the desired Surface from the drop-down list).
7. Click Apply to save the changes made under the Properties section of the right sidebar.