|The goal of this project is to generate the 3D model of the statue of an eagle by taking images from the ground using a Canon EOS 7D with perspective lens.|
|3D Textured Mesh|
|General project information|
|Average Ground Sampling Distance (GSD)||Undefined|
|Output coordinate system||Arbitrary|
|Image acquisition plan||2 walks around the statue, each at a different altitude|
|Camera||Canon EOS 7D (RGB)|
|Number of images||44|
|Image geolocation coordinate system||None|
|Number of GCPs||None|
|GCPs coordinate system||None|
|Download* and project files|
The dataset can be downloaded here.
The downloaded folder contains the following files and folders:
*The usage of this dataset is meant to be for personal and professional training. If you would like to use it for commercial or promotional objectives, please be sure to mention "Courtesy of Pix4D / pix4d.com" linking all this text to pix4d.com.
Follow the instructions to:
|Process the dataset using the included .p4d project file|
This section describes how to process the dataset in order to generate the 3D model of the statue of an eagle.
1. Open the project example_eagle.p4d by double clicking it.
3. On the Processing bar, click Start to start the processing.
|Process the dataset creating a new project|
This section describes how to create and process a project in order to generate the 3D model of the statue of an eagle.
A) Create a new project:
1. Start Pix4Dmapper.
6. (optional) Select the check box Use As Default Project Location to save all new projects in the selected folder.
The New Project wizard displays the Select Images window.
9. Click Add Directories... and select the images folder to add the images to the project.
The New Project wizard displays the Image Properties window. No image geolocation is detected. The camera model is loaded from the camera model database (CanonEOS7D_EF-S15-85mmf/3.5-5.6ISUSM_15.0_5184x3456 (RGB)).
11. Click Next.
The New Project wizard displays the Select Output Coordinate System window. By default the last output coordinate system selected in the software is selected.
12. Select Arbitrary Coordinate System with Unit meters.
The New Project wizard displays the Processing Options Template window.
14. Select the 3D Models template.
B) Process the project:
1. On the Processing bar, select 1. Initial Processing, and deselect 2. Point Cloud and Mesh.
4. Edit the Processing Area such that the height adjusts to the height of the statue. For more information about how to edit a Processing Area with the rayCloud: 202560599.
5. On the Processing bar, deselect 1. Initial Processing, and select 2. Point Cloud and Mesh.