|Step 1. Prepare a free flight mission⤴|
1. Open the app.
2. In the home screen, select Free Flight Mission.
The map view is loaded.
3. (optional) On the left of the screen, change the settings of the free flight (horizontal and vertical image spacing).
4. Center the map on the area of interest: (iOS) Pix4Dcapture - Manual and Settings: Map view.
|Step 2. Start a free flight mission⤴|
Once the mission has been prepared, it can be started.
1. Place the drone in a clear area of at least 10 by 10 meters that can get easily GPS signal.
2. Turn on the remote controller.
3. Turn on the drone.
4. (DJI) Set the drone to be flown in manual mode by switching the corresponding button on the controller.
5. In the app, tap Start.
6. Check that the app is connected to the drone. If yes, tap Next.
7. Verify that all security checks that are displayed are green. If yes, the drone can start taking pictures. If not, solve each security issue until it becomes green. For more information about how to solve the security issues: (Android) Takeoff checks fail.
8. Manually take off and fly towards the area to be mapped.
9. Tap on the button Take Pictures (Android) or Start (iOS) to start taking pictures.
10. Fly over the area of interest until images have been taken to cover the whole area.
11. When the area has been covered, tap Stop (Android) or Abort (iOS) to end the image acquisition.
12. Land the drone and synchronize the images with the device and upload on the cloud following: Pix4Dcapture - Getting Started.